Holy Family University is seeking to fill a technical specialist role to bring strength to our End User Services team. The focus for this role is desktop support, diagnosis of hardware/software issues, and break/fix expertise.
The Technical Specialist is responsible to provide first tier, second tier or lead level technical support depending upon a combination of skill set specialization, experience, customer engagement and accountability. Technical support may be needed to be delivered by phone, email, online, in-person and event-level engagement. The position requires good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve and/or escalate issues as necessary to deliver the highest level of customer service to all university constituents. At all levels the role requires excellent oral and written communication skills to document issue resolution, solution instructions to communicate with other team members as well as our customers.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic Higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals, and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Functions: Technical Specialists work as a team to respond to a variety of user (Faculty, Staff, & Students) support issues, outages, events, initiatives, installations, and technology refresh activities. Typical activities and subject matter for End User Services include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide phone, email, online, and in-person IT support for web conferencing, audiovisual, hardware, software and a wide variety of university related technologies.
· Diagnose and resolve end-user technology issues related to user accounts/passwords, authentication, security, identity badges, accessibility and print management.
· Supporting employee and classroom technology repairs, upgrades, deployments, maintenance, installations and refresh initiatives.
· Supporting IT Infrastructure installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance. This includes wireless access points and local area network, telephones, multi-function print devices.
· Administer the security systems (cameras and control systems)
· Supporting a variety of events around campus with AV, Streaming, etc.
· Develop Help Desk documentation for ticket system, procedures and online user knowledge base.
· Maintain, troubleshoot and support access control system.
· Install, maintain, troubleshoot and support printers, print management and copiers on campus.
· Audiovisual equipment installation and diagnosing hardware and software problems with Extron and other AV systems.
· Hardware installation and configuration, backups and imaging
· Training Faculty, Staff and Students on “how to” related to a variety of devices and capabilities
· Ability to install and troubleshoot software
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Level 1 – Generally up to 3 years’ experience; able to learn new technologies and configurations from others; to respond to customer inquiries following processes for diagnosis and testing; and to work with team members or independently to resolve, with an escalation path to others. Appropriately document in the ticketing system and effectively communicate with all customers and other team members
· Level 2 – Generally up to 4 years’ experience; able to learn and test new technologies and configurations, as well as investigate potential solutions and resolve issues for the team; to respond to customer inquiries independently diagnosing and testing solutions to resolve; appropriately assessing when to escalate to resolve in a timely manner; recognizing systemic issues; work with team members or independently, and provide guidance to Level 1 technical specialists, interns and work study team members; Demonstrating foundational knowledge to effectively support and train users on AV, classroom technologies, devices, and troubleshooting network and access issues.
· Lead Level – Generally more than 4 years’ experience, has broad general technical knowledge, able to research, test and recommend new technologies and configurations. Specializes in some specific area where they can take the lead on projects, events or initiatives. (Examples: AV Production, Classroom Technologies, iOS Tools & Equipment, Security, Network). Recognized by customers and IT team members at all levels as able to confidently and competently assess and appropriately resolve end user service issues; Engages with their manager and/or other appropriate subject matter experts to resolve in a high-quality manner and document for reference.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of and ability to follow university policies and procedures.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community.
· Applies themselves to learning, understanding and keeping up with technologies.
· Task orientated, attentive to detail, and demonstrate thorough work habits
· Excellent written and verbal communications
· Knowledge of Ticketing systems
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Ability to Assess and respond to user needs with a sense of urgency
· Analytical problem-solving.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows desktop operating systems
· Internet and web applications
· Classroom technologies (including Interactive display boards, projector, speakers)
· Web-conferencing platforms
· WAN/LAN technology, wired and wireless
· Video production skills (including recording, editing, lighting, and audio)
· Authentication, multifactor authentication & security monitoring systems
· Functional knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
· FWI display systems.
· Operates in an office environment, that may have frequent interruptions. The area is well-lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards. Noise level is generally quiet to moderate.
· Stationed in an IT Service Desk location and frequently moves about the campuses.
· Ability to transport computer equipment around the campus for receiving, setup, delivery and storage
Other important information
· Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
· This role will support more than one campus as needed.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a resume, a cover letter that addresses the above responsibilities and requirements. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, all applicant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.