Program Coordinator, Academic Affairs - Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
Posting Number: req12097
Department: Public Health Administration
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: Drachman Hall, 1295 N Martin, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThis position will provides program support to the Office of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. It will serve as a liaison between the Office Academic Affairs and other units of the College of Public Health, including but limited to the Office of Students' Affairs (OSA), Finance Office, Office of Diversity, etc., the Health Sciences, and the University of Arizona. The position will coordinate the development, marketing, and oversight of new education programs, the administration of college-wide education programs and related activities. The program will coordinate education program quality improvement activities of the Office of Academic Affairs and will perform other duties they may be assigned.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the faculty, college business office and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (ADA) with the drafting and submission of materials and communications about ongoing and new academic programs (e.g., proposals, revisions, program fee information, etc.).
- Maintain effective and positive communication with University offices such as AZ Online, UArizona Academic Affairs, Curriculum Affairs, and Faculty Affairs.
- Manage AZ Online program development agreements and work with faculty and program directors to track course development status.
- Support the ADA's curriculum-related tasks.
- Provide research support and coordination for the development of business plans for academic program growth especially in professional masters degrees, in coordination with ADA, academic program directors and faculty members.
- Support the Academic Affairs Office in the management of college-wide degree programs by undertaking strategic marketing activities, monitoring course enrollments and instructor availability (including adjunct instructors).
- Support the drafting, collection and dissemination of documents related to education strategic planning.
- Collaborate with departments and College HR in faculty annual performance reviews and UAVitae processes.
- Work with department chairs and ADA to annually update the career track and adjunct faculty work plans and submit to the business office.
- Work with departments and College HR to support the College Promotion & Tenure process.
- Work with faculty and Department Chairs to collect faculty workload information for annual reporting.
- Coordinate with department chairs and business office to support administrative changes such as establishing new academic units or changes to existing academic units.
- Coordinate with the college Business Office, Office of Student Services (OSA), and UA offices to support implementation of new program fees or changes to existing fees.
- Support the Academic Affairs Office, program directors, and OSA to effectively manage, document, and evaluate assignment of teaching assistantships and scholarships.
- Support activities to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion among students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate easily and effectively with both internal and external audiences.
- Active listener and captures all applicable notes and minutes.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent data and analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct market analysis for new programs.
- Flexible - Responds constructively to changing priorities.
- Experience in communicating with faculty and administrative staff.
- Experience in drafting reports, memos and presentations.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
* Master's degree in public health or related field
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,463-$70,037, DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Academic Program Mgmt
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
John Ehiri | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.