Clinical Assistant Professor (Childhood/Early Childhood)
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To continue our impressive growth we are seeking a Clinical Assistant Professor for Childhood/Early Childhood in our School of Education at our Pleasantville (Westchester County) campus.
The School of Education is seeking applicants for a full-time faculty position at the rank of clinical assistant professor (non-tenure track) in the School of Education on the Pleasantville campus to begin September 2023.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the early childhood and childhood teacher preparation programs. Candidates should have experience in the field and an ability to teach foundations and methods courses in content areas (e.g., science, social studies, mathematics, literacy).
- Deliver instruction through in-person and virtual platforms
- Provide service to the department, including working directly with student organizations
- Advise students
- Collaborate as a full member of the department to support the success
- Contribute to curricular, program, and accreditation tasks
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in an educational field.
- Must have experience in early childhood and/or childhood educational settings or similar contexts.
- Must be able to integrate technology into teaching and use a variety of instructional modalities (face-to-face or virtual).
- Must demonstrate commitment and skills toward inclusive and culturally responsive teaching in public education.
- Must demonstrate evidence of engagement in professional activities, and teaching excellence.
- Ability to teach both early childhood and childhood courses and knowledgeable in current best practices in early childhood and childhood education preferred
- Content specialization in math or science preferred
- Prior teaching at the higher education level and using learning management systems (e.g., Brightspace) preferred
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/24107
About the Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.