Assistant Director, Internal Communications
Posting Number: req12101
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
This position supports the implementation of the internal communications program of the University of Arizona, with a focus on delivering strategies and tactics that inform employees about institutional priorities and initiatives, while initiating internal communication plans in support of culture, reputation and brand advocacy.
Areas of work includes writing/editing/proofreading of institutional messages, content curation and creation for internal communications platforms and development and execution of communications plans for specific initiatives.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Writes, edits and proofreads internal
ensures consistency and alignment of University messages as well as adherence to brand
- Assists the executive director in developing and
managing internal communications strategies and implementing related action
plans that support the University's communications objectives and priorities.
with diverse constituents on campus and provides input on communications
impacting internal audiences (messaging, channels, timing, frequency);
coordinates planning, scheduling and distribution of internal communications,
and manages associated planning tools.
and distributes content in digital channels (including in Drupal and Salesforce
Marketing Cloud systems); engages with
the internal communications community to provide regular updates and supports
amplification of messages across colleges, departments and units.
- Assists with execution of central
guidance, standard operating procedures and approval processes for internal
communications; ensures these are followed consistently and facilitates
coordination with key stakeholders.
the development of an outcome-based approach to internal communications;
generates reports and analyzes data and makes recommendations to adjust
practices; seeks out opportunities to apply new and innovative approaches to
reaching internal audiences.
to the overall success of University Communications in fulfilling its mission
by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work professionally in a collaborative environment and effectively interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to adapt to competing and changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- An unwavering commitment to ensure the University is a diverse and inclusive community.
- Skills in the use of Microsoft
Office products, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required,or equivalent combination of education and work
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field preferred
- Experience developing, managing and implementing internal communications plans
- Experience in writing content targeted to internal audiences and leveraging technology/systems to effectively deliver messages
- Experience working on a professional communications team and interacting with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience working with web content management and email marketing cloud systems
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.