Associate Vice President of Finance
Work type: Administration
Location: Tillamook, OR
Categories: Administrative, Budgets/Grants/Contract Management
Department: Business Office
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $87,823.59 - $125,215.46Initial Placement: Generally not to exceed the mid-point ($87,823.59- $101,811.62), based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Compensation Band: Grade 30
FTE: 1.0FLSA: Exempt Term of Employment
Annual: 1.0 FTE position; July 1 - June 30. Leave in accordance with current TBCC Policy 312 and corresponding regulations.
Reports to the Vice President of Administration and College Relations.Position Open Until Filled First Consideration October 21, 2022
Associate Vice President of Finance
Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of what education could be for a dynamic community college in a beautiful rural setting? Are you excited about helping to further the education and transform lives of people in our diverse community? If yes, then this is the position for you!
As Associate Vice President of Finance, you will put your experience and expertise to use by overseeing and directing the financial activities of Tillamook Bay Community College (TBCC). The AVP Finance is responsible for forecasting the College’s financial standing based on financial and operational data and reports provided by the business office team and advising the President and Board of Education on strategic direction. The AVP Finance adheres to accounting and financial reporting standards for state and local governments as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and advises the President on financial policy development and maintenance. The AVP Finance is a member of the TBCC Leadership Team.
TBCC strives for equity and inclusion; committed to hiring and retaining diverse and dedicated faculty and staff who lead the way in helping our students expand their knowledge and potential. The AVP Finance will be a welcomed part of the campus community, participating in organized meetings, professional development and other opportunities.
College and Area Information
Tillamook Bay Community College is located 85 miles west of Portland on the beautiful North Oregon Coast in Tillamook, Oregon; the county seat of Tillamook County. The County has a population of 26,000 and TBCC serves nearly 2,000 students per year.
Tillamook, OR is the home of the famous Tillamook Creamery. Hiking, fishing, biking, and camping, are a short car ride away and the town is surrounded on all sides by the amazing Pacific Ocean, as well as many bays and rivers for fishing and water sports. The area is also home to wineries and breweries. Tillamook has small town appeal with a friendly feel and is ready to be home to your next career and family adventure.Essential Job Functions Key Areas
- Budget preparation and management
- Annual Financial Audit
- Financial and investment analysis
- Policy development
- Capital construction financial oversight
- Supervises Business Office staff, currently 4 FTE. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Accountant, and Business Office Clerk.
- Provide training for staff directly or from other means available.
- Interview and hire staff, perform evaluations and hold regular staff meetings.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements and reports, including income statements, balance sheets, grant reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Ensures all reports are prepared and distributed on time and in compliance, including but not limited to, CCFIS Report, IPEDS financial report, and grant financial information.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual TBCC budget through adoption, property tax assessments, and conducts all public disclosure requirements in compliance with Oregon local budget law
- Compares budget revenue projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Processes Board Resolutions and budget transfers.
- Attends monthly board meetings and workshops and reports on the financial standings for the college.
- Provide leadership in developing service area outcomes, objectives, and performance of departmental planning, assessment, and improvement to contribute to mission fulfillment and accreditation requirements.
- Responsible for direct supervision of departmental staff, hiring, assigning duties, monitoring and assessing progress, conducting performance evaluations; and ensuring that departmental staff participate in professional development activities.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, capacity building, or elimination.
- Works with the President and other executives in the strategic and annual planning process and establish financial priorities for the planning processes.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth for TBCC.
- Provides oversight of the investment of funds; works with investment bankers and others to raise additional capital required for expansion.
- Direct supervision of personnel involved with financial aspects of the College's operation, such as payroll, accounts payable and receivable, investments, grants management, and purchasing.
- Assist with diverse inquiries from the public and various persons either in person or by telephone or email.
- Serve on the Business Officers statewide affinity group
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- Five years of experience in financial management
- Five years supervisory experience
- A combination of education and experience which is equivalent to 10 years full time experience as a professional working in a financial or budgetary role
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
- Prior experience in an educational institution.
- Certified Public Accountant designation.
- Governmental accounting experience.
Complete application packets will have first consideration. The submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
Please respond via email with cover letter, resume and application indicating proof of your abilities to achieve the above job description and a minimum of three references to firstname.lastname@example.orgApplications may also be mailed to:
Tillamook Bay Community College Attn. Human Resources
4301 Third Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141Compensation and Position Availability
This is a 1.0 FTE position. The year is based on 249 days or 1992 hours per year. TBCC is closed on Fridays during the months of July and August. Salary is
$87,823.59 - $125,215.46 depending on experience. Placement will generally not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
The year is based on 249 days or 1992 hours per year. TBCC is closed Fridays during the months of July and August and has a 32-hour work week. TBCC provides excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as paid life, long-term disability, and accidental death insurance. For health insurance, the college provides $1,342/month towards premium costs prorated for part-time employees. Paid leave includes vacation, sick, 12 holidays, and personal leave (from accrued sick leave) and pays all contributions to Oregon PERS. TBCC also provides tuition waivers, based on the employee FTE to employees and qualified dependents for TBCC classes. Optional benefits include flexible spending account, health spending account, additional life insurance and other supplemental insurances as well as 403(b) retirement accounts. Benefits are paid in accordance with Tillamook Bay Community College policy as defined in Appendix B-1, Summary of Employee Benefits in the adopted budget for fiscal year 2022-23.Equal Opportunity Employer