Administrative Support Assistant I, Public Health
Posting Number: req12107
Department: Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: Drachman Hall, 1295 N. Drachman, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the faculty, staff and students in the department, and work closely with the administrative associate in supporting daily departmental business and operation. Responsibilities may include but be not limited to scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes; helping with the preparation of documentations for internal funding application, presentation and publication; assisting training new faculty and staff; working on purchase, travel arrangement and reimbursement; and helping with increasing department's publicity via updating website for marketing faculty's work and departmental programs; and designing fliers and announcing seminars etc.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Administrative Support for Faculty Professional Activities
The administrative assistant will help faculty update their biosketch and CV for internal funding applications; coordinate trainings for new research staff members in the department; assist faculty, staff and students to prepare power point presentation and poster for conference presentation; work with faculty on manuscript submission and paying publication charges; support research related purchase, travel and reimbursement for faculty; schedule meetings for research grant development and coordinate communication with college's offices on faculty research related business.
- Increase the Publicity of the Department
The administrative assistant will be responsible for updating website on the departmental, programs' and faculty's profiles; promoting departmental programs; facilitating the communication of faculty, staff and student's accomplishments with related college offices; developing departmental posters, and coordinating nominations of faculty, staff and students for awards.
- Support Daily Departmental Business
The administrative assistant will support departmental daily business and activities, such as seminar flier development, room reservation, meeting scheduling and coordination, taking meeting minutes, arranging departmental visitor's trip and reimbursement, filing departmental documents, distributing mails, and communicating with joint and adjunct faculty for their initial application for the joint and adjunct position and annual updates on the joint and adjunct faculty's profile. The administrative assistant will work with the administrative associate to support all aspects of daily departmental business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative with assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different groups/individuals via written or verbal communication.
- Knowledge with the university system.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate closely with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to be a good team player
- Good organization skills
- Ability to learn new skills and to gain new knowledge for improving work efficiency .
- Ability to work with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient with MS office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), MS Windows, MS Teams, and online collaboration tools (e.g., Google Docs, Dropbox, OneDrive, Zoom).
- Prior work experience not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
* Some college or degree.
* Prior experience with administrative work.
* Familiar with the University system.
* Prior experience with research support
* Outstanding knowledge with promoting programs and research via website, posters and writing materials
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85 - $19.45
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Sharon Bolin, Administrative Associate | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.