Posting Number: req12083
Department: College of Nursing
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1305 N Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Nursing (CON) seeks an Instructional Designer to join its Office of Learning & Healthcare Technology Innovations (LHTI). LHTI exists to provide leadership and facilitation in the adoption and development of innovative technologies to improve the learning experience, enhance healthcare delivery, strengthen clinical practice, and promote industry advancement. We value diverse identities, experiences, and backgrounds who are committed to cultivating an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment.
As an Instructional Designer in LHTI, you will work collaboratively with faculty and colleagues to analyze instructional outcomes and provide expertise in the planning, development, and delivery of high-quality learning experiences across our numerous degree programs. You will design online and in-person courses that include instructor-led classroom activities, utilizing new technologies and approaches to encourage critical thinking and student-centered learning.
If you enjoy working with others and are passionate about technology and transforming the learning experience for nursing students; please consider being a part of our team.
This position will allow for flexible/hybrid work arrangements within Arizona.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
& Digital Learning Support
- Partner with
faculty and subject matter experts to design, develop, review, and maintain
online and in-person courses ranging from pre-RN licensure to advanced practice/discovery
degree and certificate programs.
- Construct accessible
and inclusive learning environments that promote interaction, social
presence, and community.
- Analyze and
implement course design recommendations to support quality assurance
- Work with
faculty to design effective learning activities and assessments that
encourage critical thinking and student-centered learning.
with faculty and other team members to produce engaging online course content
using tools such as Articulate Storyline/Rise.
- Partner with
faculty to integrate innovative emerging technologies and pedagogical
strategies into the nursing curriculum.
Management & Professional Development
- Attend meetings, contribute to planning and
reporting efforts, and respond to administrative requests and procedures.
- Engage in professional development activities to further academic goals and advance knowledgebase.
- Collaborate with university colleagues on initiatives relevant to the position and needs of the college.
- Perform other duties appropriate to the position as assigned.
Skills, and Abilities
- Solid understanding of instructional design theories, methodologies, and best practices to support adult learners.
- Knowledge of the Quality Matters Rubric and course review process.
- Knowledge of best practices for accessibility, copyright/intellectual property, and universal design for learning.
- Working knowledge of authoring tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline/Rise, Playposit) for the creation of interactive learning objects.
- Ability to evaluate cutting-edge technology to support curricular outcomes.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills, with demonstrated success handling multiple simultaneous projects through successful completion.
- Ability to work independently and as a positive and engaged member of a high performing and collaborative team of professionals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a high standard of excellence.
- Knowledge and skill in visual design, usability, accessibility, and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles.
- Proficiency with instructional technologies including learning management systems, video conferencing solutions, lecture capture, course design and development tools, and other Web 2.0 tools for learning/communication/engagement.
- Proficiency with course authoring tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline/Rise, Playposit) for the creation of interactive learning objects.
- Understanding of and familiarity with Copyright Law and Creative Commons Licenses.
- Familiarity with responsive course content and mobile learning.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, educational technology, education, STEM, or related academic discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience.
* Master's degree in instructional design, educational technology, STEM, or related academic discipline.
* Five (5) or more years of experience working directly with college faculty or subject-matter experts in designing and developing online, in-person, and/or hybrid courses.
* Training in instructional design, educational technology, or related field.
* Teaching experience, preferably in a college or university.
* Experience applying the Quality Matters or other quality assurance frameworks.
* Experience with project-based learning, adaptive learning, micro credentialing, and gamification.
* Experience with the Desire2Learning (D2L) learning management system.
* Experience or interest in designing and assessing virtual or mixed reality learning experiences.
* Familiarity with basic HTML coding and CSS.
* Familiarity with project tracking/project management solutions (e.g., Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Redbooth).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Instructional and Assessment Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $47,735 - $62,533
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Instructional Design & Support
Instruct & Assessment Services
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Steve Machtley | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.