Business Administration Faculty, Tenure Track
Montana State University-Northern, College of Technical Sciences’ Business Program is seeking a progressive, innovative, and dedicated professional to begin January 2023. The major responsibility of this position is to teach undergraduate courses within the Business degrees and support the Business Minors on the MSUN Campus located in Havre, MT. Possible course topics that the successful candidate might teach are finance, project management, entrepreneurship, small business management, advanced marketing, and other areas depending on program needs. The willingness to develop and deliver courses by alternate delivery methods, primarily online, is required, although many courses are taught face-to-face. The position is located in Havre, Montana, at the MSU-Northern campus.
- Curriculum planning;
- Program assessment;
- Student advising;
- Service to the university and the Havre community;
- Commitment to professional development to keep current in business trends.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- BS/BA in Business and industry experience OR MBA or related Master’s degree. Note: Master’s degree will be required for tenure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience a business environment or industry;
- Experience in secondary or post-secondary teaching;
- Demonstrated skills in Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and Presentation software;
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data;
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
- Demonstrated ability to purposefully integrate technology into the classroom.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Demonstrated evidence of or potential for excellence in teaching and curriculum planning. (A teaching demonstration is part of the interview process.)
Annual salary is commensurate with credentials and experience and within the guidelines set by the collective bargaining agreement.
For our employees, MSU-Northern offers an employer-paid health plan, paid sick leave, and retirement. Find detailed benefits information at https://www.msun.edu/hr/benefits.aspx.
Learn about Northern and the surrounding area on our website. Explore our 115-acre campus through a virtual tour at this link, http://www.msun.edu/aboutmsun/interactivemap.aspx.