Responsibility for compliance with accreditation in respective areas of responsibility as required by the accreditation agency through which the college is associated. To serve in the Registrar’s Office in the areas of assist with state and federal reporting as well as other registration and transcript related functions.Responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist with performing the generation and revision of Coordinating Board state reports each semester (CBM001, CBM002, CBM004, CBM008, CBM009, CBM00S, CBM0E1, CBM00A, CBM00C). Support Registrar with data cleanup that impacts state and federal reporting. Registrar provides a list of student-related data for more accurate reporting.
- Perform the generation and revisions to the National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment Report each month and the Degree Verify Report each semester. After the report is submitted, responsible for cleanup of edit report. Provide any updates to NSLDS (National Student Loan Database) after National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment Report data is updated.
- Supervises the evaluation and input of transfer credit, including military coursework and training, submitted by students into the college student information system, Jenzabar One. Research course descriptions, institutional accreditation status, and other transfer resources to aid in the determination of course transferability and equivalency.
- Assist with the NCTC transcript release process for printed and electronic transcripts (through Parchment and GreenLight). Coordinate with Parchment or GreenLight support team on the product and any concerns that arise.
- Authorize student requests for withdrawal and determine eligibility of non-routine requests for refunds. Facilitate requests for medical withdrawal and grade appeal.
- Assist students, faculty and staff with questions regarding transcript requests or additional Registrar information via phone, email and in person.
- Assist with the grade submission process and troubleshoot any issues. Issue not reported (NR) and incomplete (I) grades.
- Test Jenzabar One for Registration, Advising and Common Module updates. Provide list of concerns to IT. Provide training on Registration module as needed.
- Evaluate records for students that attended prior to 2016 for accurate transcript information from when we converted to our new software. All students prior to 2016 that converted from our old system were automatically placed on hold to alert us their file needs reviewing. Verify all information such as courses, grades, transfer work, Texas Success Initiative and core curriculum are present. If they are missing or incorrect make the appropriate edits to the students records.
- Complete grade change requests submitted by faculty for students with incorrect or incomplete grades.
- Create new student accounts in Jenzabar for all prior students who attended NCTC before the use of online data software. Transfer all hard copy transcripts from previous decades that are not already in the new system.
- Serve as a residency expert. Review residency appeals and make determination of residency while following state and federal guidelines. Answer staff questions regarding residency for tuition purposes.
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and duties can change based on the need of the department and institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 2-3 years related experience: Admissions or Registrar’s Office
- 1-2 Experience with CBM reporting
Required Skills & Abilities:
Must have excellent interpersonal skills that enable the ability to work well with students, staff, and faculty. Must be student-oriented and be able to maintain a customer service attitude, even under challenging conditions. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with continuous interruptions. Strong organizational skills required.
Subject to criminal background check. Resume is required in addition to application. Salary is $52,195.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEhttps://employment.nctc.edu/postings/7971
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.