Payroll Accountant II (Looking to fill immediately)
Position Title Payroll Accountant II (Looking to fill immediately)
Position Type Full Time Regular
Annual Schedule 12 months
Expected Work Schedule Standard
Anticipated Days Monday - Friday
Anticipated Hours 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m .with occasional overtime
Anticipated Hours per Week 40
Work Location A-B Tech Main Campus
Job Description Summary
- Processes College payroll.
- Deposits federal and state payroll taxes.
- Prepares and submits quarterly and annual governmental reports.
- Prepares W2’s for employees.
- Maintains other payroll deduction accounts (ASHP, 9PT, 9NPT).
- Maintains payroll files and reviews PSAs.
- Sends direct deposit files and uploads paychecks to Core Banking.
- Performs longevity calculations and calculates separating employee payouts.
- Provides information to the Business Office for NCCCS State Funds Reporting.
- Performs wage verifications.
- Maintains all non-benefit payroll deductions.
- Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
- Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting;
- Must have at least three years of full-time or equivalent experience processing payroll.
- Experience working at a NC community college.
- Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- When applicable, upload the relevant transcript that correlates to the degree requirement in the minimum requirement or preferred qualifications with in the job posting. The transcript must show the individual courses taken and the degree that is conferred or awarded.
- If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work.
- Transcripts outside of the United States, must be accompanied by an evaluation completed by a NACES recognized agency and received by Human Resources at least two weeks prior to the first day of work.
Why Should I Work at A-B Tech?
A-B Tech Welcoming Culture (R.I.S.E)
A-B Tech is looking for:
Review Date: (Application should be submitted by 8:00 a.m. EST on this date for consideration) 10/21/2022
Keep Open Until Filled Yes
Salary or Hourly Pay Range (Salary is Non-Negotiable) Salary: $53,856
Benefits SummaryBenefit Summary:
- Medical and Pharmacy Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Death Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Policies
- Professional Liability
- Vacation Leave up to 26 days per year
- Sick Leave of 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave
- All required protected leaves plus: Civil, Bereavement, Parental, Community Service, Maternity/Paternity, Shared, Educational, Military
- Tax-sheltered Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- State Employees Credit Union membership
- Employee Assistance Network
- Annual Flex Benefit
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Longevity Pay
- Educational Attainment