Research Assistant (Part-time) - Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a (Part-time) Research Assistant with the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry
About the Opportunity
Oversees data collection in Cabell County for studies focused on HIV diagnosis and treatment among people who inject drugs (PWID). Incumbent will follow established protocols and oversee quality assurance for the data collection process.
What you'll do:
- Independently travel between multiple locations in Cabell County, WV to perform research data collection.
- Schedule and coordinate data collection activities.
- Oversee data collection in the field.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of data entry.
- Participate in research team meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of all research activities.
- Manage payments and funds reconciliation for participant incentives.
Pay Grade: 15
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0-6 months practical research experience preferred
- Experience with data collection and management techniques.
- Experience working in an environment where information must be handled confidentially.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations.
- Excellent English language oral and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to manage and track payments.
- Must have access to own transportation.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2022
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No