Supervisor, Audio & Event Services
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
This position provides live sound and audio production support to University-wide clients on a variety of events ranging from Commencement to academic and administrative campus events. This individual consults with BC peer departments and vendors on audio system design, acoustics, audio applications, event coordination and audio technologies. This position is also responsible for direction of the team and implementation of new audio technology to improve the delivery of audio event services.
Key Job Functions as follow:
Audio and Event Production and Support:
* Ensure that the appropriate audio equipment is available for each University event. These events range from small meetings to Commencement to external conference events, many of which require hybrid/Zoom setups.
* Oversee and participate in the setup, troubleshooting (as necessary) and breakdown of audio systems purposed for each event. -Serves as the main point of contact for any technical problems.
* Maintain appropriate equipment inventories.
* Work with sound equipment vendors to augment audio services and event support on campus.
* Ensure that all audio production functions such as recording, mixing, editing, restoration and mastering are provided to meet the needs of University clients.
* Regularly meet with clients to analyze client needs for audio support.
* Provide input on project steps and final product to include equipment specifications, cost estimates, troubleshooting and instructions on how to achieve the desired output.
* Explain audio system design options to clients.
* Interface with different vendors to meet client objectives.
* Ensure that customer standards and support are upheld by the assigned team. *Mentor the large student staff and provide orientation and training to new and current staff members, ensuring that student formation practices are followed. *Consult with their manager on any staff issues.
* Ensure appropriate coverage of client areas and track attendance of assigned staff.
* Prepare reports to facilitate billing of hours for University chargebacks.
* Participates in policy formulation for specified technical areas.
* Research and recommend the purchase of improved audio equipment.
* Provide budget input to their manager on capital equipment.
* Maintain an up-to-date awareness of new and emerging audio and sound engineering equipment.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $62,600; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Sound Recording Technology or Audio Engineering or equivalent education and experience preferred.
* Minimum of four years of experience with live sound and audio production.
* Previous supervisory experience. Prior experience with large corporate events, functions, conferences and musical performances is helpful.
* Coursework in Sound Recording Technology or Audio Engineering.
* Manufacturer certifications.
* Regular night or weekend work.
* Occasional use of departmental van is required (valid Driver's License required)
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.