Marketing Projects and Operations Manager
The Marketing Projects and Operations Manager creates a high-level of organizational structure in the marketing and communications department as the duties and responsibilities for this department continue to grow. This position will create more efficiencies and, in managing projects and overseeing purchasing and budget issues, will make the department run more smoothly.
The college offers the possibility for alternative work arrangements such as flexplace, remote work, or flextime scheduling upon completion of training and department needs.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution OR completed Associate’s degree with two years of professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position OR four years professional level experience performing similar duties to those described for this position.
- Two years of professional level experience with project coordination.
Professional level experience is defined by the Colorado Division of Human Resources: A position that involves the exercise of discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, or sharing an organized body of knowledge. Colorado revised statute (C.R.S. 24-50-135(1) allows colleges to exempt positions from the State Personnel Classified System that are determined to be professional level work.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Finance.
- Three years of experience in marketing, media or public relations.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Experience leading and/or managing marketing projects.
- Experience in working with project management software.
- Experience in working with Excel and Adobe suite.
Salary range is $59,000 to $64,000 annual gross. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on October 21, 2022. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Must be a State of Colorado resident or able to relocate to Colorado prior to first date of employment.
Application Instructions: Application must be submitted online. Incomplete applications may not receive full consideration. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter - Address the minimum and preferred qualifications in the order listed on the job announcement.
- Resume - Reflect experience, education, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Unofficial Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts for all degrees conferred. Official transcripts are required if hired for the position.
- Professional References - Provide names and contact information for three recent professional references who can address your expertise and background for this position.
This position may be eligible for a variety of employee benefits. Pikes Peak State College participates in the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) contribution rates.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
Project Creation, Planning and Coordination
- Inputting new projects into the project management system
- Working with supervisor to create to-do lists associated with each marketing project, with appropriate deadlines
- Listing out components of a project, based on project meetings and other direction from the team
- In the marketing management system, granting necessary employees and departments access to the appropriate projects
- Updating plans as necessary in the marketing management system
- Working with vendors, within our existing purchase orders, to coordinate advertising assets.
- Working with purchasing and the marketing team on new Requests For Proposals (RFPS) and related vendor-selection processes.
- Keeping all assignees accountable for quality, direction and deadlines on marketing project tasks.
- Contribute to planning meetings for marketing projects
- Verifying, completing and filing purchasing requisitions and invoices.
- Tracking department expenses.
- Developing annual operating and advertising budgets, to be approved by supervisor.
- Directing workload, supervising and managing schedules and timesheets for student employees.
- Work with the marketing team on the development and execution of ads and campaigns.
General Duties, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Cultural competence and demonstrated evidence, understanding, and commitment to the concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, and their application in the workplace.
- Execute marketing projects, planning, and coordination.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan strategically yet be flexible and manage multiple projects and clients at the same time.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak State College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement: Pikes Peak State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act institution. We value diversity, strive for a more unified campus where all people are valued, treated fairly, and possess a sense of belonging. Pikes Peak State College encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.