Student Care Coordinator
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in The Princeton Review's Best 385 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.
The Student Care Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to provide support and outreach to students with a range of needs. The Student Care Coordinator will work closely with the Dean of Students to assist with functions associated with student interventions around basic student needs, mental health, general wellness, and student conduct. This professional will assist with referrals and student care management. This person also works closely with the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs supporting a thriving community of international students from pre-matriculation through post-graduation. The coordinator will support and ensure institutional compliance efforts.
- Provide outreach and support for Bellarmine students interfacing with the Dean of Students office on a range of issues and concerns.
- Coordinate and provide outreach to students who have care concerns and retention referrals.
- Provide administrative support for student conduct and traffic appeals processes.
- Serve as official liaison to federal government agencies as a Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO), ensuring compliance with immigration regulations.
- Provide direct, comprehensive advising to international students and scholars regarding issues related to immigration, academic, logistical, financial, health, travel, and career development issues
- Authorize immigration benefits for international students and scholars in the SEVIS federal database (OPT, OPT-Stem Extension, CPT, Economic Hardship Employment, etc.).
- Develop and maintain relationships with academic departments regarding the immigration requirements for their international students, faculty, staff, scholars, and exchange visitors.
- Coordinate with graduate and undergraduate admissions ensuring students are properly guided through the admissions process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree in higher education, counseling, education, social work, or related field preferred.
- Experience working with international students or in a higher education setting preferred.
- Competitive candidates will have attention for detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with diverse constituencies, knowledge of principles of student development, and a strong student-centered philosophy.
Bellarmine University is committed to core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces diversity in our workforce among members of faculty, staff and administration. We remain committed to affirmative actions, policies, procedures and attitudes necessary to continue to build and retain a diverse and equitable workforce. We will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of our increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential. As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bellarmine University requires COVID-19 vaccination for all students, faculty and staff. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information may be found at https://www.bellarmine.edu/welcome-back/
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references by clicking on the appropriate link in this posting. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.