Pharmacy Technician - Rational Drug Therapy Program - School of Pharmacy
West Virginia University Research Corporationis currently accepting applications for aPharmacy Technicianfor the School of Pharmacy.
About the Opportunity
Asa Pharmacy Technician, you will be responsible for answering requests for information, prior authorization, or help from pharmacy providers enrolled in the WV Bureau for Medical Services Medicaid Prescription DrugProgram, Molina Medicaid Solutions, Inc., WV Public Employees Insurance Agency (PEIA), and WVCHIPs via phone or fax.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Serveas the initial andmain point of contact for healthcare providers serving the population of the WVBureau for Medical Services & WV Public Employees Insurance Agency.
- Provideexcellent customer service through interaction with pharmacies andother healthcare providers.
- Communicateclearly andconcisely over the phone, fax, or electronic mail in a professional manner.
- EvaluateHelp Desk andprior authorization requests using established guidelines, andenterapproved requests into mainframe computer. Requests which require therapeutic judgement are referred to attending pharmacist.
- Research provider inquiries using all available resources.
- Perform callbacks to providers' inquiries when necessary.
- Document all communications and required information in the appropriate database.
- AssistProgram Director/Pharmacist with administrative details of the program. Gather, coordinate, anddevelopmaterials needed for enhanced quality of the program.
- Respondto requests for information from state, federal, or other governmental agencies anddepartments, and colleges or other University affiliates.
- Assist Program Director/Pharmacist with special projects as needed.
- Composecorrespondence requiring a high degree of knowledge andfamiliarity of the program.
- Performresearch or statistical work in the compilation of reports involving the administrative activities of the program.
- Associate's degree ORan equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- 0-6 months of experience and knowledge of medical condition symptoms, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Strong mathematical skills necessary to perform financial anddosage calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercising judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to organize information & draw logical conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and set priorities regarding the work to be accomplished.
- Demonstrated excellent oral andwritten communications skills. Outstanding people skills, including apositive attitude, outgoing personality, andthe ability to effectively deal with all types & levels of people in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Skilled at using a microcomputer andrelated software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint, etc.).
- Skilled at using mainframe/microcomputers for internet data collection, electronic mail & other software.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to learn scientific or specialized terminology specifically relating to Pharmacy andMedicaid programs.
- Knowledge of prescription drug information (i.e., generic andbrand names, class of drugs).
- Knowledge of pharmacy operations andinsurance billing processes associated with retail pharmacy operations.
- Knowledge of symptoms, drug properties andinteractions, andpreventive healthcare measures.
- Ability to follow guidelines andconvey information in an accurate manner.
- Ability to be flexible andwork in an environment with frequent rule changes.
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician or eligible to pass an equivalent examination.
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 9, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes