Recruiter, Graduate Programs and Communications
Posting Number: req11839
Department: Karl Eller Grad School of Mgmt
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 E Helen St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The Recruiter, Graduate Programs and Communications is vitally important in shaping the Master's program student population. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking and bring an innovative approach to recruitment strategies. Eller College is looking for someone with experience in recruitment, communication, marketing, and event planning, who exemplifies strong written, creative, and graphic design skills. This will range from content management and creation on a variety of channels and platforms, to planning, organizing, and coordinating recruitment events and programs in accordance with enrollment goals. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Eller College team to ensure recruitment and communication best practices are being observed in all work. Local and in-state travel are required.
Eller College of Management is a well-regarded business school with highly ranked programs. Within the Eller College, there are five MBA platforms: Full-Time, Evening, Executive, Online, and Professional.
We celebrate the diversity of our students and are working to increase diversity among our faculty and staff. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We believe diversity enriches us all, expands our understanding, and allows us to create better solutions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Recruitment Communication and Strategy
- Receive direction from Director, Graduate Recruitment and collaborate with Recruiting and Admissions Team to achieve enrollment objectives.
- Apply marketing expertise in developing a comprehensive set of recruitment campaigns conducted in various media, including digital, print, social media, and direct mailing.
- Manage communications in Salesforce CRM and employ Pardot marketing automation to augment lead development.
- Provide guidance for prospective applicants and develop rapport. This entails responsive communications via emails, phone communications, and Zoom meetings.
- Develop and nurture alumni and corporate relationships to promote the value of the Eller MBA.
- Co-manage content based marketing efforts with Director, Graduate Recruitment. Create graphic elements for both physical and digital recruitment marketing efforts via Adobe suite, LucidPress, Canva, and other graphic design software.
- Ensure institution brand and style guidelines are observed in all recruitment materials.
- Innovate continually to ensure recruitment strategies are contemporary and optimized. Research best practices relevant to graduate recruitment.
- Collaborate with other team members on initiatives that enhance the student experience.
Digital Recruitment Strategy
- Create and co-manage content with the Director, Graduate Recruitment for social media and the website pages.
- Manage social media interactions, considering influencer initiatives and development of relationships with followers.
- Stay apprised of current trends for SEO, UX, social media, and website content to ensure recruitment objectives are achieved.
- Track and assess digital analytics from multiple platforms (CRM, social media, website) and translate it into a cohesive story that can inform strategic decision making.
- Use data to identify opportunities to increase engagement throughout the prospective student journey.
- Connect with the broader UA digital community to ensure Eller College maintains front line access to the latest tools and knowledge developed on campus.
- Deliver recruiting events (on-site or virtual), such as information sessions and open houses, representing all Eller Master's programs.
- Develop recruitment event communication strategies to appropriately advertise to constituents about events, write and post communications, event web pages, social media posts, etc.
- Travel primarily to the Chandler/Phoenix area, other locations in Arizona, and possibly nationally to represent Eller Master's programs at fairs, corporate visits, and other recruiting or networking events.
- Debrief and evaluate recruitment events relative to objectives.
- May contribute event management skills in support of other Eller College events. Coordinate logistics, scheduling, staffing needs and communications as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience is required.
- Ability to conduct occasional recruiting activities during evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- MBA degree or other business-related master's degree from an AACSB accredited institution.
- Experience in either event planning or recruiting in higher education.
- Experience in presentation and public speaking.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $43,000 - $45,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Recruitment & Admissions
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.