Creative Services Coordinator
As a member of the University Libraries strategic communications team, the Creative Services Coordinator provides design solutions and creative project coordination for University Libraries' strategic communication needs. The Creative Services Coordinator focuses on design projects that maintain the University Libraries brand and support strategic communication goals. The Creative Services Coordinator seeks innovative ways to support the University Libraries' efforts to communicate to its broad and diverse audiences through creative designs and projects.
Required Qualifications* Bachelor's degree in a discipline such as graphic design, industrial design, animation, fine art, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
* Experience in professionally producing graphic designs within established timelines and budgets for print, web, and other digital media
* Ability to produce a design solution from start to finish
* Experience leading marketing or design projects for broad and diverse audiences
* Experience in handling several projects simultaneously in various states of completion
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Previous work experience designing and producing materials in a business or institutional setting
Preferred Qualifications* Experience with motion graphic software such as After Effects
* Experience in print production processes
A/P Faculty Lecturer regular full-time appointment
$60,000 minimum dependent on education and qualifications
November 4, 2022
- Requires valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be willing to travel as needed to the University Libraries branches for support, these include branch libraries in Blacksburg, the National Capital Region, and the Health Science and Technology Innovation District in Roanoke. Travel to these areas will be on a limited basis
- The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate's experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, the required and preferred qualifications, and names of three (3) references and their contact information. Also, the resume or cover letter needs to include a link to a portfolio of design work in order to be considered.
- The University Libraries at Virginia Tech is committed to building a culturally diverse community and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. We are committed to mentoring and establishing safe spaces, both physical and virtual, where employees from current and historically minoritized groups can thrive.
The members of the University Libraries at Virginia Tech strive individually and collectively to create, sustain, and share inclusive ways of knowing in conscientious community with each other and all the people we serve in every space we shape. In keeping with our Aspirational Identity and the Virginia Tech Principles of Community, the University Libraries commits to build and maintain enduring climates of mutual care, respect, and responsibility.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Cathy Pillow at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.