Division Operations Coordinator, ISD
The Division Operations Coordinator reports to the Division Director, ISD in our Arlington, VA office and is responsible for supporting division leadership, faculty, and program managers in the execution of sponsored research programs and division strategic initiatives. The Division Operations Coordinator supports strategic planning, growth initiatives, day-to-day operations, and administrative support to their assigned research division. The Division Operations Coordinator serves as the lead for managing, coordinating, and implementing division wide initiatives related to strategy, marketing, coverage of faculty on sponsored programs, hiring, student engagement, and overall division operations.Based on the foundation of the Ted and Karyn Hume Center for National Security and Technology, Virginia Tech launched the Virginia Tech National Security Institute in September 2021. With a presence in Blacksburg and the Washington, D.C., metro area, the institute aspires to be the nation's preeminent academic organization at the nexus of interdisciplinary research, technology, policy, and talent development, the national security institute will advance national security in pursuit of a secure America.
- Proven prior administrative and program support experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field or a lesser degree with significant relevant experience.
- Excellent Communication Skills, with willingness to engage with faculty members, students, and outside entities as a representative of their research division
- Ability to work as a member of a team or independently on tasks assigned
- Capability to take on broad tasks, identify the steps necessary to execute them, ensure they are executed successfully, and succinctly convey their results
- Ability to manage numerous and complex institute leadership calendars
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings, workshops, and other large events
- Experience supporting federally funded research programs
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Experience working in an academic research environment
- Prior experience working with various software tools (Zoom, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Experience in creating internal and external marketing and process resources
- Ability to understand how to bring people and processes together to move strategic initiatives forward
- Adaptable to changes in role responsibilities and learning of new skills to support the institute
$50,000 - $60,000
October 24, 2022
Due to the nature of the Institute's work, all candidates must be US citizens.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sue Kassat firstname.lastname@example.org regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.