IT Support Center Specialist
Posting Number: req11409
Department: Eller Information Technology
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Eller College of Management IT Department at The University of Arizona is seeking an IT Support Center Specialist. The IT Support Center Specialist will support the Eller IT team in providing support services and maintenance for the College. Maintain good customer service standards and help to guide Eller end users in the use of technology.
We celebrate the diversity of our students and are working to increase diversity among our faculty and staff. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We believe diversity enriches us all, expands our understanding, and allows us to create better solutions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and prioritizes incoming telephone, chat, email and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computing-related technologies.
- Evaluates and resolves client computing issues in-person and remotely; corrects routine problems by recommending and assisting with minor repairs to equipment and/or entering specialized commands or data into systems. Contacts appropriate resources for additional assistance.
- Installs and/or assists in the installation and configuration of software and hardware.
- Logs and tracks calls using a specialized database and maintains history records and related documentation.
- Trains and guides campus community members in the use of technology.
- Trains and assists student workers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of computers, networks, and remote troubleshooting techniques.
- Skill in providing information technology related customer service and training to users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Skill in analyzing computer hardware and software problems.
- Skill in working as part of a team.
- Skill in time management and in dealing with multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.30 - $19.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Director, Eller Information Technology
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.