Nurse Midwifery Faculty in DNP Program-Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor
Posting Number: req11960
Department: College of Nursing
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1305 N Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsWe are currently seeking a Certified Nurse-Midwife to join the faculty for the Nurse-Midwifery program. Rooted in the rich history of midwifery, our mission is to educate the next generation of midwives, to improve access to care for all by supporting communities to achieve reproductive health equity. The University of Arizona, College of Nursing, and Nurse-Midwifery program are committed to Inclusive Excellence; promoting an environment where all faculty, staff and students can bring their full selves to our learning community. As a member of the Nurse-Midwifery Faculty team, you will teach in foundational DNP courses and Nurse-Midwifery theory and clinical practical courses. You will advise and mentor a diverse group of students through their academic journey. You will have an opportunity to serve and advise on DNP project committees. Other responsibilities will include engaging in scholarship, clinical practice, and College of Nursing governance activities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaches courses in the DNP program within the scope of your expertise, which may include foundational DNP courses.
- Serve as clinical supervising faulty for students in nurse-midwifery clinical rotations, maintaining and growing cooperative relationships with practice leaders at clinical experiential learning sites.
- Serves as advisor/mentor to DNP students and supervise work on DNP projects, creating a learning environment that facilitates student learning and achievement of expected program outcomes.
- Collaborates effectively with other faculty and staff to engage in continuous quality improvement in courses and program intensives.
- Develops and
maintains academic excellence through clinical and educational scholarship in your
area of expertise. Disseminates scholarly work at local, regional, national
and/or international professional conferences and/or journal publications.
Participates in teams to obtain funding to support student education and
training. Opportunities exist for mentorship for early career faculty.
with faculty, the administrative leadership team, and students in furthering
the mission and goals of the College of Nursing and the Nurse-Midwifery program.
Participates in College of Nursing governance activities.
- Hold a doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., DNP, EdD).
- A nursing degree with a Nurse-Midwifery specialty.
- One (1) year of nurse-midwife practice experience.
- Hold national certification from AMCB as a Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM).
- Unencumbered RN and APRN license.
- Evidence of eligibility and an Arizona RN/CNM license prior to the first day of employment with the College of Nursing.
- Compliance with immunizations, CPR, and other College clinical requirements
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field.
- Evidence of teaching and clinical practice or systems leadership experience, through certification, or equivalent preparation.
- Must meet Clinical Assistant Professor minimums.
- Four (4) years of teaching experience.
- At least two years of teaching at the baccalaureate or higher level.
- Must meet Clinical Associate Professor minimums.
- Extensive clinical experience.
- Extensive teaching experience.
* Two (2) years or more of nurse-midwifery practice experience.
* Experience in teaching, developing, and implementing DNP educational programs.
* Record of professional scholarship.
Rank: To be Determined
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Terry Badger | email@example.com
Erin McMahon | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.