Program Manager, Sr., K-12 Health Sciences (Part Time)
Posting Number: req11829
Department: Senior VP Health Sciences
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: UAHS Tucson, Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Program Manager, Senior will support the University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) New Economy Initiative focused on expanding medical/health science education to K-12 students in Arizona. This position will play a key role in the implementation of the objectives of the Initiative to position the University of Arizona as a statewide resource for K-12 programs interested in expanding offerings focused on health sciences and health science career paths.
As an integral part of the Initiative leadership team, the Program Manager,Senior will serve the as a liaison to K-12 programs and create relationships that encourage their involvement with health sciences curriculum and programming from across the University.
The successful candidate, who will report to the Director of the Initiative, will be a dedicated professional with strong writing, project management, and interpersonal skills who is enthusiastic and is able to share the vision of the Initiative with internal and external stakeholders. The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work effectively with faculty, professionals, school district administrators, and support personnel is essential.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Program Manager, Senior will manage and administer programs, special projects as assigned by the Director, with special emphasis on development and support of new programs, relationships, shared resources, events, and other relevant activities that will promote, foster, and facilitate the growth of the University of Arizona Health Sciences K-12 Initiative. This position requires navigation of complex organizational issues, within the university and across external stakeholders.
- The Program Manager, Senior will execute the Initiative leadership team's decisions; collaborate with faculty and staff members on developing and implementing programs and agenda; serve as a contact for internal and/or external stakeholders to coordinate activities, exchange information, and deliver reports, etc.; collaborate with the management team to manage and implement communications strategies for the Initiative, including website, newsletters, social media, and mailing lists; work with university units and connect with various community partners to expand reach of the K-12 Initiative; other duties as needed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of program achievements and provide regular reports on the status of community relationships and K-12 partners. Assist in the development of strategies for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Initiative Leadership team to address additional administrative functions such as policy creation, finance and budget management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed problem-solving, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent program management and organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities, problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to work successfully in and achieve strategic goals in a complex and decentralized setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related work experience, including three (3) years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Qualifications- Master's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience.
* Experience with K-12 institutions and public school districts
* Familiarity and in-depth experience in project coordination.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 19
Job FTE: .49
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Academic Program Mgmt
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Lucinda Rankin | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.