EDGE Learning Professional Development Specialist
Posting Number: req11809
Department: Human Resources
Location: To Be Determined
Address: AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe EDGE Learning Professional Development Specialist (Organization Development Professional III) will have the opportunity to build the professional development components for EDGE Learning, the University wide Learning Management System. This individual will oversee the professional development portfolio of the Learning Management System (LMS) including LinkedIn Learning and spearhead new projects and program offerings including New Employee Onboarding, University Career Architecture (UCAP) EDGE Learning roles and skills mapping, and career and skill development programs. This position reports to the Manager of Learning and Development for the EDGE Learning team in the Division of Human Resources and works on the campus EDGE Learning team amid our colleagues in University Information & Technology Services to support the LMS through a co-operation model. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the EDGE Learning team that is envisioning and creating new services that have campus wide impact, work on high value projects and collaborate across campus with stakeholders.
This position will allow for flexible/hybrid work arrangements within Arizona.
Working at the University of Arizona:
The University of Arizona has established a Flexible Work Initiative to further explore options that support our employees while allowing them to successfully carry out day to day operations. This position is eligible for flexible scheduling and primarily remote work.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
EDGE Learning Professional Development Management
- Oversee LinkedIn Learning engagement strategy, license activation, and reports.
- LinkedIn Learning program management including communications, EDGE Learning website content, and LinkedIn Learning Administrative communications settings.
- Manage the eLearning LinkedIn Learning catalog in EDGE Learning including the 17,000+ courses and recommended content for employee audiences including OnDemand Learning toolkits.
- Develop and facilitate training and support materials for LinkedIn Learning end users including Learners, Managers, and Content creators.
- Manage stakeholder consultations and intake process and creation of custom learning collections in LinkedIn Learning and custom curriculum of LinkedIn Learning content in EDGE Learning.
- Develop and manage Me: Time for EDGE Learning thatutilizes Artificial Intelligence and catalog content mapping to turn the LMS into a personalized learning portal.
- Oversees EDGE Learning professional development calendar.
- Leads newsletter on learning and development content and upcoming offerings.
- Supports partnerships for professional development with partner program organizations and departments.
EDGE Learning New Employee Onboarding Program Management
- Develop and manage EDGE Learning as an onboarding tool for the Univeristy including an onboarding orientation, program, and assignment of Univeristy required trainings.
- Work with the Division of Human Resources to customize onboarding to UArizona culture, policies, and procedures.
- Liaison withoffering departments of University required training to employ system automation to create an onboarding training package and checklist for new employees.
EDGE Learning Career & Skills Exposure Program
- Create and manage a skills and job library mapped from the University Career Architecture (UCAP) in EDGE Learning to enable skill development and tracking for onboarding, upskilling, retention, and succession planning efforts.
- Researchand create an employee career exposure program ran through EDGE Learning.
- Research and create an employee mentoring program ran through EDGE Learning.
- Bachelor's degree in organizational development, instructional technology, instructional design, educational technology, or related field
- 5 years of work experience in employee learning and development
- Experience analyzing, evaluating and integrating new programs and projects
- Experience communicating, influencing, collaborating, building relationships, and building consensus at all levels across an organization
- Experience in being a proactive self-starter who can work well as part of a team, as well as independently
- Experience in tackling new opportunities, challenges, and developing solutions and new business processes with a growth mindset and constructive curiosity approach
- Experience attuning to the changing needs of software, stakeholders, and business priorities with agility and adaptability
- Experience designing and implementing new learning, engagement, onboarding, or career development programs
- Experience in project management and influencing work progress and outcomes in a decentralized organization
- Experience with leading vended content solution programs like LinkedIn Learning, TED, OpenSesame, or Skillsoft
- Experience with learning management software or other similar systems
- Master's degree in organizational development, instructional technology, instructional design, educational technology, or related field
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $59,005 - $80,542 DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to ApplicantApplication: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Cover Letter: Should clearly indicate how your professional experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.