Camden County College, located just outside of Philadelphia, is one of New Jersey’s largest, most comprehensive community colleges. Nationally ranked in a number of key educational outcomes, the College has a tradition of high-quality education in a wide range of transfer and career programs, and serves its county and the region at four College locations and many off campus sites.
We are currently seeking a System Administrator at our Blackwood, NJ campus to be responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration and repair for servers, networks, applications, and other technology services consumed by the employees, students, clients, and partners. The System Administrator works alongside Network Engineer and Administrator and executes plans established by the Director of Network Services.
To qualify, you must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 5+ years as system administration duties in IT may be substituted for degree
- At least five years’ experience in providing technology support operations and management of network systems over multiple geographic locations
- Commitment to creating and working in a collaborative and team-building environment
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Network Certifications such as Cisco, CWNA, Microsoft, Juniper, Novell, Security+, etc. are recommended. Juniper and Cisco experience preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in designing, building, managing, and migrating networks, servers, and software applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Strong analytical skills
This is a full-time twelve-month Administrative Union position. Holidays, sick days, vacation days, and other fringe benefits are covered by the College’s policy for full-time administrators. A flexible work schedule is required with occasional nights and weekends, as well as being on call 24/7.
Camden County College is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its faculty, staff and student body. Minorities and females are encouraged to apply.