Job Listings

Teaching Assistant Professor - College of B&E

Company:
West Virginia University
Job Location:
Morgantown, West Virginia
Category:
Business Administration


Description

The West Virginia University (WVU), John Chambers College of Business & Economics invites applicants for a Teaching Assistant Professor position to begin August 2023 in the General Business Department. The candidate will teach courses in Business Communication. The position is a nine-month, non-tenure track faculty rank position that is eligible for promotion and merit raises.



Qualifications

A Ph.D. degree who can demonstrate experience/training in teaching writing and business communication in academia or the business environment is preferred. Candidates with a Master's degree in a relevant field and industry experience in professional communication will also be considered.

Approximately 60% of time is devoted to teaching three sections per semester of business communication classes, typically at the undergraduate level. The remaining 40% is dedicated to service to the Chambers College Center for Career Development. Service duties include providing personalized career coaching service to undergraduate Chambers College students, including development of professional documents, interview skills, and networking and job search strategies. The position also interfaces with alumni, employers, and corporate partners to ensure that student guidance is industry-relevant and reflective of rapidly-changing workforce expectations, supporting student career readiness and placement efforts of the Center.

Candidates should be comfortable teaching both business writing and speaking in online and face-to-face environments. Candidates are expected to embrace a teaching philosophy grounded in experiential learning.

To Apply

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by November 15, 2022 will receive fullest consideration.

Submit all materials via the WVUHire system by visiting https://careers.wvu.edu/career-opportunities

  • A 1-2 page cover letter describing interest and qualifications; include discussion of experience in both written and oral communication
  • Curriculum vitae
  • A statement of teaching philosophy
  • Evidence of teaching experience/effectiveness (e.g. student evaluations)
  • Complete contact information of three professional references

Initial interviews will be completed via Zoom. Finalists will be asked to participate in a teaching demonstration as part of the interview process.



WVU is the State comprehensive Land Grant University with a main campus enrollment of approximately 29,000 and an R1 Carnegie Classification, the highest research activity level for doctoral universities. WVU provides faculty members with a supportive environment for developing a productive career (https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/new-employees) and a range of progressive policies to support work-life integration (https://faculty.wvu.edu/policies-and-procedures/work-life-integration).

Morgantown is a safe, inclusive, and family-friendly community. Morgantown metro area has a population of about 137,000 residents. Morgantown has been ranked among the most livable small cities in the country. The city lies within the Greater Pittsburgh Region and within a few hours of Washington, DC. Additional details on the area and the university are available at http://www.morgantownwv.gov/ and http://www.wvu.edu.

Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.

HigherEd360 is part of the HigherEdJobs network.