Administrative Operations Manager II
Posting Number: req11824
Department: Campus Life Administration
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Campus Life is looking for an individual to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys detailed financial and anylysis work, interacting with a variety of people and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Director, Finance & Administration, the Business Manager serves as the leader of the Business Office team providing administrative support for Campus Life, Dean of Students Central Office and supplemental support to it's aligning units - ASUA, FSP, ROTC units, and VETS center. Serves as a liaison to areas that report to Campus Life - Campus Health Services, Campus Recreation, Disability Resource Center and Housing & Residential Life. The position is responsible for coordinating accounting, budgeting, auditing and other financial or related functions to ensure the financial integrity of work unit. This position also assists with directing and/or coordinating personnel and operational matters. Financial management is the greatest emphasis and is the overriding, major function. The Business Manager will be responsible for the direct supervision a full time staff member and 1-2 student employees.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates full time staff member and student employees. Assists with the coordination, preparation and submission of the annual budget. Monitors and controls the revenue and expenditure allocations, ensuring budget alignment, and alerting staff to potential issues. Primary pcard liaison. Utilize UAccess Financials to process/review/authorize financial documents (e.g., DV's, DI's, travel reimbursements, pcard purchases, internal billings, purchase orders). Reconcile departmental accounts and process corrections, as needed (GEC's and SET's).
- Maintains detailed knowledge of UAccess Financials system and of UAccess Analytics. Support department users as appropriate and use the knowledge to create reports that are beneficial to the department. Develops and establishes proper procedures and internal controls in recording and reporting accurate accounting data. Conduct fiscal year-end account review. Coordinates and participates in internal and external audits.
- HR representative - responsible for job postings and coordinates the various aspects related to searches. Coordinates departmental personnel issues for all university, professional, student and graduate assistant staff, including reclassification, promotion, recruiting and hiring, etc. Serves as payroll representative.
- Coordinates the Centennial and Senior awards process, including sending out a campus-wide call for nominations, inviting nominated students to submit their application, recruiting faculty, staff and students to participate in the Selection Committee, monitoring the DOS Awards email account and responding to inquiries from faculty, staff and students, notifying selected award recipients and arranging for photos, citations and biographies to be made, preparing and sending thank you letters to Committee Members, nominators, recommenders and recipients' college deans and department heads, responsible for processing External Awards for recipients, arranging award/plaque engraving, and organizing Senior/Provost Awards luncheon.
- Responsible for developing, supporting and training Campus Life and Dean of Students Office staff on university and departmental policies and procedures. Assumes a variety of tasks in the absence of subordinates. Additional duties, as assigned, as it relates to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of management and supervision practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgetary theories, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to departmental budgets and accounting practices.
- Skill in applying accounting and financial management practices and principles.
- Skill in use of automated/computer systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
of 5 years of related work experience, including 2 years of managerial
experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years of experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with University of Arizona systems including Talent, UAccess - Students, Employee/Manager Self Service, Financials, Analytics/Reporting, Request for Budget Change and Axiom.
- Experience with University and UA Foundation business policy and procedures.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.