Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Management
About Russell Sage College:
Russell Sage College is a dynamic, comprehensive college of approximately 2,600 students. Through a strong liberal education curriculum and progressive academic programs, Russell Sage College serves traditional students and working professionals who pursue bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees on campuses in Troy and Albany, NY. Russell Sage College also offers online programs.
The Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Management will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive student recruitment and admission program designed to inform prospective students of the academic programs and services at Russell Sage College. The Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Management has budget management, oversight and resource allocation responsibilities, supervises the undergraduate admission staff team, and serves an active role in the Marketing and Communications Office.
Position Summary and Qualifications:
The individual in this position will work within a dynamic, collaborative enrollment management environment and be an integral part of the enrollment team. The primary focus of this position will be to consistently achieve institutional enrollment goals through the implementation of a comprehensive recruiting effort that is data driven, focused on meeting student needs, and utilizing proven and state-of the-art enrollment techniques. Responsibilities will include assistance with all recruitment activities and programs, participation in application review, availability to counsel applicants and answer questions by e-mail, phone, and in person. The candidate will oversee all enrollment management of all undergraduate program offerings at Russell Sage College.
The individual must be self-directed and team oriented and capable and willing to work toward individual and common institutional goals. Interpersonal skills, especially communication of all types, are necessary. Significant business/sales experience is preferred, with preference toward individuals with a proven track record of accomplishment and orientation toward consumer satisfaction.
- Set counselor goals while providing data and direction to Assistant Directors of Undergraduate Enrollment to indicate primary, secondary, and tertiary markets.
- Meet on a regular basis with the VP of Enrollment Management, Director of MIS, and Sr. Associate Director of Graduate Admissions, as well as all the direct reports.
- Work with Vice President of Enrollment Management to implement a yearly operational recruiting plan that will meet or exceed annual recruiting goals for undergraduate students by utilizing appropriate communication, recruitment, and event strategies. Provide regular descriptive and evaluative reports on recruitment activities to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and direct reports.
- Collaborate with appropriate administrative areas for the planned coordination of recruitment efforts including, but not limited to: Marketing and Communications, Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Registrar, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid Services.
- Serve as key contact for third party vendors to ensure strategic enrollment priorities are met.
- Co-manage the office budget and operations with the Vice President of Enrollment Management, to include managing contracts, purchasing office and recruitment supplies, event giveaways, and other procurement as required. Create purchase orders and manage payments.
Application Evaluation and Interviewing
- Facilitate the application standards and review process for undergraduate programs. Work closely with the Associate and Assistant Directors to ensure smooth transition through the application process. Perform appropriate post-decision follow-up to maximize yield. Meet with prospective students as necessary Conduct follow-up activities with each student after the campus visit.
Assist with Special Projects
- As a member of the marketing and enrollment management team participate in research, planning and other duties as assigned. Assist with all on-campus and off-campus programs including open houses, off-campus interviews, college and career fair events and other activities as assigned.
The estimated salary is $70,000 per year for 40 hours per week for 12 months.
Salary commensurate with experience and comes with a competitive benefits package.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred)
- 5-7 years of Admissions experience
Technical Knowledge and Proficiency Skills
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in database management.
- The ability to develop and analyze statistical reports.
- Possess high levels of interpersonal skills including efficient communication and team building skills.
- Ability to implement the recruitment plan to best serve the needs of each student population and the institution.
- Understand and respond appropriately to the needs of each distinct student population.