Senior UX/UI Designer
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-012075Location: Home Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
****INTERNAL POSTING UP UNTIL 9/29/2022****
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Mentors and trains UX/UI Designers on more complex projects and design decisions.
- Designs and leads complex and high-exposure UX/UI projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with leadership to determine UX/UI objectives and strategies.
- Researches, develops, and implements innovate, UX/UI design, encompassing branding strategies and best practices.
- Creates visually impressive UX and UI designs for web desktop, responsive, and mobile applications.
- Drive and apply design processes.
- Understands the user-base who will be working on the application and design the UX and UI accordingly.
- Quickly creates mockups, prototypes, and wireframes that reflect the business needs.
- Builds finished screens using the developed prototypes that can be re-used across multiple lines of business.
- Rapidly produces multiple possible approaches for internal use, usability testing, presentation to customers, and demos.
- Creates web and mobile optimized graphics as needed by various team members.
- Leads/participates in brainstorming sessions to elicit business requirements by talking to stakeholders.
- Maintains an appropriate balance between performance and content delivery.
- Applies best-practice UX and UI design skills to create proof-of-concepts, mockups, and prototypes.
- Works with other developers to ensure technical feasibility of designs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design principles
- Understanding of HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3 as it applies across different browsers and screen resolutions.
- Expert in visual graphic design and proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Mastery over Color Theory, Typography, Layout/Composition, grid systems, animation/transitions
- Very good understanding of Data Visualization and Data representation
- Proven ability to artistically conceptualize a multi-product UI framework.
- Ability to implement high performance and high availability web applications.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to initiate and run meetings and comfortable working with different teams within the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and a feeling of pride and ownership over the quality of our product.
- Proficiency in design tools such as: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to UX/UI design
- Five (5) years of experience in UI design for high performance/high availability web and mobile applications and in designing User Interfaces for Enterprise scale products.
- Outstanding design shown in a portfolio that demonstrates the required skills.
- Broad knowledge of project management.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.