Assistant Vice President, Planning, Design and Construction
Kennesaw State University
Administrative Vice Presidents
Job ID: 249577
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's college . We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high- impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Works under broad, administrative direction with responsibility for providing strategic leadership and direction in planning, implementing, improving and evaluating the areas of architectural design, construction management, environmental health and safety, campus master planning, space planning and real estate.
1. Provides leadership and direction for the department to ensure the university's physical environment and assets align with the strategic mission
2. Provides guidance to University leadership as it relates to the campus master plan, space management, real estate and capital needs
3. Oversees design and construction of large and small-scale construction and renovation projects in support of the institution's strategic direction
4. Provides the University with a safe and reliable learning environment and ensures the university is in compliance with all federal, state and university system policies related to environmental health & safety
5. Establishes budget guidelines and prepares annual operating budget; implements and allocates resources following budget approval
6. Organizes and manages the department to deliver projects on time, within budget and in accordance with industry best practices
7. Oversees technical reviews for constructability, maintainability, efficiency and compliance with the University's design and sustainability guidelines
8. Provides leadership in the development and support of a campus-wide sustainability plan
9. Acts as agent for the University in coordinating work with outside architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, KSU Foundation, KSU Athletic Association, University System of Georgia and other state agencies
10. Ensures the collection and archiving of all relevant site, building and project documentation and data according to industry best practices
11. Ensures cross-functional coordination among units and effective communication and customer service with all stakeholders
12. Measures customer satisfaction and seeks to improve the customer experience through process improvement
13. Coordinates with Facilities Maintenance and Operations in the development of the institution's major repair and renovation (MRR) priorities as well as hardscape/landscape design. Maintains the campus master plan and provides regular progress updates to campus stakeholders
14. Provides leadership and support to the Executive Space Planning Group and Space Planning Working Group
15. Provides leadership and supervision to key management employees including but not limited to interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, performing performance evaluations, and addressing complaints and resolving problems
16. Develops, implements, maintains, and supports professional development of staff
17. Ensures division follows all federal, state, local laws, safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
18. Participates or leads campus-wide planning teams
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Ten (10) years in progressive roles in facilities planning, design and construction with at least five (5) years in management role
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Professional Architectural or Engineering license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines Ability to think strategically and solve complex problems
Knowledge of regulations and policies governing facility planning and construction Knowledge of Board of Regents procedures, standards, and principles for pre-planning Understanding of GA BOR project guidelines and procedures related to capital projects Understanding of GA BOR/USG and KSU procurement procedures In-depth knowledge of facilities planning practices Knowledge of a broad range of sustainability issues, especially as they impact universities and colleges
Strong leadership and management skills Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=249577&PostingSeq=1