Posting Number: req11838
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Utilities
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Facilities Management Metering is looking for a Metering Supervisor to join our team. Facilities Management is an award-winning team that provides a wide variety of services to the University of Arizona campus. We are interested in applicants who are passionate about the trade. Leaders in Facilities Management Maintenance Services are highly skilled in their trade, possess good people skills and are interested in mentoring their staff. We are looking for a Metering Supervisor to provide oversight and leadership to the metering shop by training and developing, planning scheduling, assigning, and monitoring the work of assigned staff and who is interested in helping to build a world class organization
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages planning, design, installation, operations, and maintenance of the University's energy metering systems. Oversees daily activities of installing, operating, repairing, calibrating, and adjusting building energy metering systems. Completes inspections and ensures safe operations through adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including employee selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendations for promotion and/or dismissal. Plans and directs the day-to-day work of staff. Prioritizes and assigns tasks so that the team's resources are used effectively, and that work schedules and targets are met. Coaches and mentors staff and assists them to diagnose more complex problems with metering, machinery, or equipment. Inspects completed work to check that installations and repairs have been completed correctly and conform to specifications standards.
- Supports internal and external stakeholders with metering support and related questions.
- Responsible for all metering projects including coordination with other departments and contractors, verification of schematics and blueprints, and acquisition of parts and materials. Reviews preliminary construction drawings, approves metering locations and metering specifications.
- Develops, compiles, and maintains computer databases and spreadsheets that record work records, schedules, equipment inventories, purchasing records, and productivity records
- Research and evaluate new products and metering technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various types of ultrasonic and electric instruments and associated equipment used by a meter department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or similar products and an understanding of computerized metering networks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Ability to drive according
to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: 65,000 to 75,000 (DOE)
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.