Administrative Assistant - Cancer Center
Posting Number: req11815
Department: Cancer Center Division
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: University of Arizona Cancer Center, 1515 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer through patient care, research, and education.
The UACC Community Outreach and Engagement (COE) unit is seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant position. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties including document preparation, scheduling, meeting and event coordination, travel arrangements, record keeping, supply inventory and data entry. Creates and updates departmental files, databases and reports. Provides guidance and assistance as needed to students, faculty, researchers and other staff on policies, practices and procedures. Greets visitors, answers questions, and answers the department phone.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented, a self-starter, and an excellent team player who is able to work in a diverse and dynamic environment. Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains calendars for Associate and Assistant Directors, regularly prioritizing meetings and appointments. Prepares background information required. Manages travel arrangements for departmental staff.
- Prepares, edits, and creates agendas, minutes, contracts, proposals and presentation materials utilizing specialized knowledge of the area supported.
- Staffs the Community Advisory Board meetings and others as specified. (coordinates schedules, develops meeting agendas, coordinates audio/visual needs and virtual meeting platforms, takes and transposes minutes).
- Responds to non-routine inquiries from faculty, staff, students, stakeholders, public, and outside agencies utilizing knowledge of department and university policies and procedures. Composes replies to complaints or requests for information.
- Manages departmental operations (facilities management requests, IT requests, parking reservations, processing mail, issuing keys and building access, manage capital and non-capital inventory).
- Assists with administrative duties related to outreach and research programs (ordering equipment, operational advances, incentive processing, event reservations and logistics).
- Reconciles department credit card (PCard). Assists with research operational advances and incentive management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
* Minimum two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Experience working in University systems: UAccess (Student, Employee, Financials, Analytics, Research); and D2L.
* Experience working in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and various virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, Meetup, Google.
* Bilingual English/Spanish.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.34 - $21.40
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Teri Bankhead | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.