Director, Planning and Facilities
Posting Number: req11859
Department: Senior VP Health Sciences
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) is seeking a Director of Planning and Facilities to oversee space, planning and facility activities for the UAHS in both Phoenix and Tucson.
The Director for Planning and Facilities is a full time position that works with the appropriate UAHS College Deans and/or Assistant Deans and department Chairs for all renovation and new construction projects, space management and planning activities for UAHS.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction to the Program Coordinator Senior and Project Managers to ensure all UAHS space (1M+ square feet across 57 buildings) inventories, leases and building data in Tucson and Phoenix are kept up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Provides data and information and advices UAHS Dean's and Department Heads as well as the UAHS and COM-T Space Committees on options to address space needs for existing and new UAHS programs.
- Ensures strategic goals and space needs of UAHS and colleges are effectively represented and met by participating in and coordinating with the Executive Director for Planning & Facilities related to campus master planning and facility use planning for both Phoenix and Tucson.
- UAHS point of contact for university Risk Management, Parking and Transportation, Facilities Management, UITS and Planning, Design & Construction activities on the UAHS campus.
- Chairs the UAHS Facilities Committee
- Participates in campus master planning, preliminary project planning and programming and coordination with UA Planning, Design & Construction architects, project managers, consultants and end users.
- Initiates and prepares information to PDC for CDP requests for UAHS projects.
- Address issues throughout construction that require input from users, may attend construction meetings and advises the Executive Director on project status and any potential problems that could impact the project budget or schedule.
- Assists UAHS constituents in planning and programming, preliminary schematic design and furniture layout, procuring estimates, obtaining funding approvals, and coordinating when needed with Risk Management, Facilities Management, UITS and Planning, Design & Construction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Demonstrated ability of collect, analyze and interpret data to inform strategic decision-making at leadership levels.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative thinking to develop innovative approaches to complex problems.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, including 2 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field - Master's degree in related field - Experience with AutoCad and project management software
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $89,740 - $122,495, annually
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Angela Souza | firstname.lastname@example.org | 520-626-4789
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.