Senior Data Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-012006Location: Home Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
****INTERNAL POSTING UP UNTIL 9/29/2022****
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and interprets diverse sets of educational data using a variety of statistical methods
- Uses SQL, Python, R, or Scala to clean, manipulate, and transform data for analysis
- Reports, explains, and presents statistical analyses using graphs, charts, and tables
- Applies understanding of learning science to develop methods for measuring student learning and engagement
- Uses understanding of data collection to design and implement new methods of measurement
- Stays informed of emerging trends in learning science, learning analytics, and data science
- Clearly communicates with users to assess needs and requirements for data products
- Designs and maintains Tableau dashboards
- Pitches value of potential data products using functioning proofs-of-concept
- Works across academic colleges and programs to provide valuable data-informed insights on trends of performance metrics
Required Education and Experience - Minimum education and/or prior experience qualifications, required certifications, etc.
- Master's degree in learning science, data analytics, behavioral or cognitive psychology, statistics, or a closely related field
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and visualization
- 1+ years building dynamic, interactive dashboards
- 1+ years working with relational databases
Required Skills - Required proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
- Strong written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain the significance of data and trends to stakeholders
- Ability to manage tasks independently while working in a team environment
- Ability to use SAS, R, or Python to run multivariate and other statistical analyses
- Ability to create data dashboards and visuals using a tool like Tableau
- Ability to create datasets for analysis & reporting using SQL, Python, R, or Scala.
- Ability to explain analysis results to non-technical audience
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing data projects
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.