Law School Acadmeic Support Assistant, Temporary
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
The Academic Support Assistant performs a wide range of highly skilled administrative duties for the
tenure track and adjunct faculty. These responsibilities include a broad range of tasks that support their
teaching and research. Some of these responsibilities include preparing materials for publications and
course work, making copies, collecting take-home exams and papers, composing and editing letters,
proof-reading papers and course materials and ordering supplies.
Other tasks include assisting faculty with their Canvas course pages, creating and maintaining
spreadsheets and creating graphic designs. The Assistant will be asked to support other departments
within the Law School as well, this includes Academic and Student Service, Law Review and Events
This is a temporary position working 28 hours per week.Requirements
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
* Proficient in Adobe and other graphic design software
* Proficient Google Suite
* Ability to learn new technologies
* Ability to proofread
* High degree of professionalism and customer-service orientation.
* Integrity to handle sensitive information
* Job requires the person to work in-person from the office
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.