Engagement Center Manager (Fundraising) - Bowie, Maryland
Job Location: Bowie MD - Bowie, MD
RNL Engagement Center Managers are dedicated to the success of a partner institution's fundraising efforts - leading the strategy, managing a student staff of Engagement Ambassadors, and championing strong results.
The Engagement Center Manager opportunity is a full-time, salaried role under the guidance of a Client Success Director. Join Us! in Bowie, Maryland!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited to)
- Creating a strong engagement culture by hiring, leading and developing a team of Engagement Ambassadors and Supervisors
- Deliver a strong client experience by engaging daily with our client and RNL team
- Leverage Insights to develop and execute a daily strategy for constituent outreach
- Monitor and adjust tactics to achieve client goals, both short and long-term
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, subordinates, and senior management
- Management of Engagement Center student staff (Engagement Ambassadors)
- Coordinate program specific support team efforts
- Leverage RNLs engagement platform to deliver personalized outreach to every constituent via text, video, mail, and phone.
- Recruiting/Interviewing/Training Engagement Ambassadors and Supervisors
- Design and implement techniques to provide encouraging staff motivation & retention
- Data analysis and project reporting, including forecasting and projections
- Setting, meeting, and exceeding goals, tracking progress and statistical trending
- Site specific Human Resources
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong supervisory and leadership ability demonstrated in past work experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills that support successful managing of a multi-faceted engagement center and accompanying student staff
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to create and execute a recruitment/staffing plan to fill and maintain the Engagement Representative role, including using online and print media as well as in-person job events and fairs.
- Multi-task oriented, with capabilities to effectively execute multiple managerial duties simultaneously
- Must be able to analyze statistics and offer insight into statistical trending of program/project; a comfort with mathematics is needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to thrive in a remote environment with limited oversight.
- Dedication to a unique afternoon and evening schedule (Sunday – Thursday, 12:30 pm to 9:30 pm)
- Ability and willingness to complete a new hire training program that requires travel (anticipated at 4-8 weeks).
- Valid driver’s license, exceptions may be considered for relocation opportunities with accessible, reliable public or private transportation.
- Ability and willingness to work remote if needed, leading a Remote Engagement Center and staff
- Experience leading or managing in a non-profit fundraising environment; higher education fundraising preferred.
- Experience utilizing RNL Engage or CAMPUSCALL
- Experience working with Mongoose Cadence texting platform
- Experience working with ThankView
- Engagement or Calling Center and/or Annual Fund management experience
- Management experience working in a higher education fundraising environment
RNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.