Student Support Services, Office Coordinator
Provide administrative leadership to the Student Support Services department to ensure efficient operations, processes, and workflow. Provide support for grants to administrative leadership and staff. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Triage students in crisis, utilizing Coaching methodology while assessing need in order to provide referral or appointment for next steps. Provide staff training and work direction to part time, work study, and interns.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide main administrative support to Manager of Student Support Services and the overall department. Serve as a Finance liaison, in partnership with Manager, for grants by providing support and consultation on financial grant related activities, e.g., budget, reporting, etc. Prepare, analyze, and monitor financial transactions and financial schedules (e.g., journal entries, grant budgets, etc.).
- Serve as first point of contact for students, community service representatives, and college staff. Determine nature of visit and provide appropriate service or referral. Ensure front desk is covered during all open hours.
- Support projects that are led within the Student Support Services team. Ensure successful project implementation that is on time, within budget, and all program deliverables and activities are completed as outlined.
- Provide assistance for grants by being a technical expert, assisting with day-to-day grant related questions, budgets, databases, and grant reporting.
- Assist in preparing reports for state and federally funded grants, provide grant activity progress reports. and outcomes. Maintain data on student population served and work collaboratively with other departments on outcome reports.
- Create complex materials and reports utilizing applicable software for correspondence, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, etc.
- Reconcile and process expense reports, payment authorizations, originate budget transfers, travel/professional development requests, and pro-card purchases. Manage, allocate and reconcile accounts accordingly. Coordinate ordering department supplies and maintaining inventories while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Provide training and work direction to part time, work study, and interns.
- Support marketing related activities to include maintaining website and social media content.
- Assist with all student referrals and provide outreach to students to ensure appointments are set-up as appropriate.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Associate Degree in Business, Human Resources, Administrative Professional, Leadership, or related field.
- Experience: Three years related administrative experience as well as Finance/Budgeting experience. Experience working with grants preferred.**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse community of college students, faculty, and staff.
*NWTC welcomes candidates who currently possess the desired skills and experience and are committed to learning and growing.
Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills) and experience with a data base management system