Research Data Support Specialist II (Part Time)
Posting Number: req11793
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Department of Pediatrics at the College of Medicine-Tucson is seeking a Research Data Support Specialist II to provide operational and research support to the Children's Post-infectious Autoimmune Encephalopathy (CPAE) Center of Excellence. Execute tasks required for achievement of proposed goals and objectives for CPAE related research projects. Develops, facilitates, and implements learning and education resources. Contribute to database development, and maintenance and abstraction of data to inform research.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gathers and abstracts data, maintains research databases, files, and other records to support and inform research. Contributes to the development of research databases.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements learning curriculum, educational resources, and presentations to Health Professionals, students, patients, and their families associated with CPAE, PANS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome), and PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infection) as required.
- Provides data and reports to researchers, administrators, and others as requested. Consults and contributes content during regularly scheduled meetings and day to day project operations.
- Serves as a consultant and as a liaison for building and fostering national and international collaborations relating to CPAE (Children's Post-infectious Autoimmune Encephalopathy).
- High School Diploma or equivalent learning attained through experience.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 10
Job FTE: 0.25
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.34 - $21.40
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Data Analysis
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Sydney Rice | Rice@peds.arizona.edu | 520-626-6301
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Request references from past three supervisors.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.