Posting Number: req11796
Department: Vet Med Administration
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants to apply to the Research Assistant position. The primary purpose of the position is to conduct data collection for human-animal interaction research, with a specific focus on a nationwide clinical trial of service dogs for military veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and their families. Data collection will be conducted remotely, so it will consist of telephone calls, video calls, emails, mailing, and text messages. On-site work is required to compile study packages to send, receive and process samples, and maintain the laboratory environment. The position will be part of an inclusive team environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with research participants nationwide, including military members and veterans as well as their spouses/partners to collect clinical trial data.
- Conduct telephone calls with research participants to: invite them to participate, build rapport and relationships, provide advice/guidance in study tasks, schedule assessments, troubleshoot, and be the primary point of contact.
- Understand study operations and be able to answer participant questions. Communicate with participants in an inclusive, respectful, friendly, and professional manner.
- Prepare study materials. Collate and send materials to participants (e.g., study booklet, assessment devices, participant payments). Process received study materials.
- Unloading materials, sanitizing devices for next participant, uploading data. Compile data status reports (e.g. participant recruitment, safety, completion, timelines).
- Data entry and collation, review, and tracking of timelines and supplies. Download and compile data for analysis and interpretation by research team. Compile, update, and track IRB and PACUC documentation as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of participant records and interactions.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating undergraduate tasks and teamwork.
- Participate in helping lab members with tasks where needed.
- Foster and maintain an inclusive, productive working environment.
- Maintain laboratory space and equipment. Maintain organization of physical and virtual spaces and files.
- Order supplies and liaise with suppliers. Obtain, store and track received research samples.
- Oversee the cleanliness and tidiness of equipment and environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills (in person, writing, and telephone)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work alone or with people with varied backgrounds
- Ability to work independently under moderate supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with REDCap, Qualtrics, or similar survey instruments preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required in addition to education requirement of Associates Degree.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.34 - $21.40
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.