Remote Data Scientist - Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Data Scientist (Remote)with the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute (RNI).
Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute is the premier multidisciplinary institute for patient care, research, and teaching in West Virginia and the region. We celebrated the opening of our new Innovation Center on May 15, 2019. The RNI's flagship facilities are located on the Health Sciences campus in Morgantown, with more than 1,000 dedicated team members across five departments, patient care units, and research laboratories. Find out more about our outstanding works and contributions today at: https://wvumedicine.org/rni/rni-homepage/newsroom/
About the Opportunity
The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Data Scientist to work with the Research Operations team on data analysis and modeling focused on population health, clinical neuroscience, and human performance. This position will assist the data science team to carry out research and development projects.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
* A range of health insurance and various other benefits
* Dependent Education Scholarship
* WVU Perks
* And More!!
What you'll do:
- Work independently and/or on research and development team to carry out data analysis on large data sets.
- Create visualizations, develop and validate models, and generate reports for research protocols associated with clinical, population health, and human performance.
- Data mining to select features in order to build and optimize classifiers using machine-learning techniques to be used for models and analytics reports.
- Master's degree computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, data, neuroscience, or related field. Ph.D. preferred.
- Two (2) years experience:
- Development of custom data models and algorithm on large data sets
- Data model validation and optimizing
- Development of machine-learning techniques
- Creating data visualizations
- Creating and working with data architectures
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts
- Support the creation and optimization of machine-learning algorithms and statistics.
- Use of data visualization tools
- Management of databases
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to create, annotate and maintain detailed records
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information in one-on-one settings in addition to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Timely and efficient in testing and deployment of statistical tools
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes