IT Support Manager II (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
Posting Number: req11787
Department: COM Phx Campus Administration
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 650 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
Position HighlightsThe Department of Information Technology at the College of Medicine - Phoenix is seeking a first-rate technologist to join their team. As the IT Support Manager, II you will manage a critical team that manages our Desktop environment. Help us build a transformational environment to support future medical doctors and a world class Research organization.
If you are a self-directed and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, good teamwork skills and easily adaptable to a fast-paced and changing business environment, we welcome your application!
The Phoenix Biomedical Campus (PBC) Information Technology Services team is committed to creating and delivering an environment that promotes and advances teaching, learning and research. Working collaboratively and cooperatively across organizational boundaries we design, implement, and support a wide variety of solutions that improve and streamline operations and meets the needs of our multi-University student, faculty, and staff population.
This position has some remote work opportunities.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Bioscience Core in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University's priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the team responsible for designing, building, deploying, and supporting Windows and MAC workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer equipment.
- Establishes unit standards and policies; implements and recommends actions to improve work flow, simplify operational and reporting procedures and improve performance standards.
- Maintains work, time and cost records. Writes status reports, including conclusions and operational recommendations.
- Ensure our asset management system is accurate and maintained to control our hardware and software assets while safeguarding compliancy.
- Ensure that any network-attached devices such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices and printers are in compliance with university, college and other applicable IT security policy standards.
- Act as a liaison between the team and our other technical partners such as 3rd level Infrastructure support,
- Development, Instructional Support, Main Campus IT, Banner IT and NAU IT.
- Ensure our OS and iOS images are optimized, current and meet all compliance requirements.
- Oversee the client side of Microsoft's Software Center (SCCM). Ensure images are updated regularly and the software library is maintained with accuracy.
- Oversee the client side of JAMF to ensure our iOS images are updated regularly and the software library is maintained with accuracy.
- Manage department purchases, reviews requirements with customers and provides strategic solutions.
- Maintain vendor relationships to stay current on all offerings and ensure accurate and timely deliveries.
- Meet regularly with customers to understand their technical requirements and ensure support is being delivered with accuracy and professionalism. Act as escalation for the Desktop team to resolve customer related questions.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a mid to large enterprise environment, including 2 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Working knowledge of ITIL.* Experience managing and handling regulated data (HIPAA, FERPA, PCI).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: Depending on Experience
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.