Parking Wildcat Ambassador for Evening Shift (3:00pm to 12:00am) (Extended Temporary Employment)
Posting Number: req11769
Department: Parking and Transportation
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona's Parking and Transportation Services department is seeking two qualified candidates to fill the Wildcat Ambassador Evening Shift position. This role will be focused on providing a quality customer service experience to students, staff, faculty, and campus guests. They will ensure garage operations are safe, accessible, reliable and efficient for the UArizona community. An ideal candidate will have the ability to work on complex problems that require significant judgment and initiative. They will be expected to independently propose solutions to problems for a supervisor's review.This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
The hours for this role are from 3:00pm to 12:00am. This position may be subject to weekend shifts.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the University of Arizona's purpose, mission and core values on a daily basis by maintaining a culture of service excellence and collaborative teamwork to all our internal and external customers.
- Represents the University of Arizona and Parking and Transportation Services in taking initiative to assist customers with inquires and parking issues.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all parking exit gates and pay station equipment. Equipment houses both parking and credit card elements which requires judgment when performing functions in order not to cause failure to garage operations.
- Disinfects all gate and pay station equipment to mitigate disease transmission.
- Ensures garage is clear of debris and unsightly elements.
- Analyzes varied complex database occupancy reports throughout the shift to determine mixed tenant parking patterns to set adequate parking spaces for permit holders and visitor space turnover.
- Responsible for tamper inspection and audit documentation for all parking exit gate and pay station equipment following proper Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and policies.
- Assists with emergency situations that require immediate parking resolutions.
- Assists with Special Event parking.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $15.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Parking & Transportation
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Expected End Date: 10/14/2024
Contact Information for Candidates
Human Resources & Organizational Development Manager
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.