Assistant Professor- Preclinical Faculty- CDMA
The Preclinical Faculty should have earned a DDS/DMD degree and show evidence of scholarly activity in the field of dentistry. It is preferred that Preclinical Faculty members have some minimal level of teaching experience at an academic health center. Preclinical Faculty members should be committed to educating and empowering students with a wide range of clinical and academic abilities. The candidate should have some previous teaching experience in same field or related fields. The Preclinical Faculty should be licensed to practice dentistry in the state of Arizona.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Preclinical Education, the Preclinical Faculty will:
- Advise the Associate Dean for Preclinical Education and the Directors of Preclinical Faculty on college-wide academic issues to assist in moving the institution to its vision of academic excellence.
- Establish a welcoming atmosphere to improve morale and to promote collegiality among students, staff and faculty.
- Maintain an open-door policy for students in need of mentoring or counseling
- Be familiar with axiUm.
- Supervise the students in their individual group.
- Meet with each student regularly to review their progress.
- Meet with students having difficulty as needed.
- Be responsible for the attendance of students within their group.
- Conduct periodic meetings of the students.
- Address problems of students in their group.
- Offer students guidance and direction in student progression by monitoring data on progress and performance.
- Determine individual student needs and time utilization.
- Schedule advisor planning meetings throughout the year.
- Coordinate the teaching and evaluation of professionalism and clinical practice management skills of the students.
- Evaluate each student’s Professionalism by reporting instances of misconduct, refusal to comply with established protocol, lack of professionalism and/or disregard for the faculty direction.
- When problems of professionalism are identified, work with the Associate Dean and Directors of Preclinical faculty to resolve issues.
- Determine student compliance with departmental expectations and periodically review this with the student.
- Submit final grades based on compiled objective data from the student’s daily work.
- Meet periodically with the Associate Dean for Preclinical Education and the Directors of Preclinical Faculty.
- Meet regularly with the other Preclinical Faculty members.
- Interested applicants should apply online at midwestern.edu and include curriculum vitae and letter of interest.
If you would like to learn more about this position or about the College of Dental Medicine, please submit your letter of intent and application through Midwestern University’s online job board:
- Visit www.midwestern.edu
- In the Quick Links section, select “Employment at MWU”
- Select “View Current Job Openings”
- Select “Faculty” for job category and “Arizona Campus” for location
- Your online application should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
Inquiries may be directed to:
Teresa Pulido, D.D.S., M.S.
Associate Dean for Preclinical Education
College of Dental Medicine