Associate Director of Fund Administration (Hybrid)
Come join a growing team at the UConn Foundation!
In this Associate Director of Fund Administration role, you will be responsible for the effective stewardship of the Foundation's endowed and non-endowed gifts, communicating directly with Deans, Department Heads, and Foundation staff to ensure that available funds are spent efficiently and effectively in support of our mission. You will work closely with Stewardship and Donor Relations and will collaborate with Foundation staff, University partners, and donors to assist in fund optimization and resolve any fund administration or restriction issues as required. As manager of all fund administration functions, you will partner with Data Processing to ensure gifts are appropriately received, recorded, and administered in compliance with tax regulations, Foundation policies and procedures, and donor intent and restrictions.
- Works directly with Deans, University business officers, program heads, and other senior-level staff in facilitating the appropriate use of funds by University departments in support of University and departmental objectives, including through both ongoing reporting and through ad hoc problem-solving to work through issues/restrictions that might inhibit the ability to spend available funds.
- Manages the Fund Administration staff and functions to ensure that gift funds are established in accordance with the terms and conditions of the donor and Foundation policies.
- Proactively outreaches across the University to increase Fund Administration's presence on campus and promote active engagement.
- Presents to university constituents on the health, status, and spending of donor funds at both the department level and specific fund level.
- Creates and implements best practices for enhancing reporting to donors on use of funds.
- Exercises judgment in applying policies and regulations to specific transaction requests.
- Consults with Data Processing on gift receipts and pledges to ensure recording and acceptance of gifts fall within fund terms, charitable gift regulations, and Foundation policies.
- Serves on cross-functional teams to improve and document processes and controls.
- Serves as liaison for internal and external auditors for transactions related to funds and disbursements.
- Assists with the Foundation's annual endowment report project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable working with all levels of staff, management, and senior University staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a broad range of constituencies with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates skills in problem-solving and decision making.
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information
- High level of motivation and self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to review and interpret fund documentation, regulations, and policies, apply them in practice, and modify them where appropriate.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn charitable gift principles and regulations relevant to tax-exempt organizations for both receipt of donated assets and disbursement of funds.
- Ability to work to the demands of the position, which may exceed a 40-hour work week. Willingness to travel to other campus/locations when occasionally needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or in place of a degree, 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of combined experience in philanthropy, education, financial services or other relevant field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, and Excel) and customer relationship management databases (CRM). Demonstrated ability to work in multiple system environments.
- Previous experience providing outstanding customer service.
The UConn Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We celebrate diverse perspectives and are committed to a welcoming environment that will value your unique experiences and identity. We recognize that a true commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion requires ongoing education and action and we strive for continued growth each and every day.