Compensation Analyst- HR
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 249060
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our
Supports, analyzes, evaluates, and monitors the administration and monitoring of the organization's compensation programs to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Reviews related policies, procedures, and programs and educates employees and management in their application. Conducts market analyses and recommends market adjustments for specific jobs by compiling market data and calculating market variances to maintain the competitive status of the organization's compensation program. Actively participates in developing and achieving departmental short- and long-term objectives.
1. Conducts compensation evaluations for assigned divisions and departments
2. Provides offer support and consultation to Talent Acquisition
3. Reviews and ensures fairness and consistency in daily compensation needs and requests (offers, reclassifications, in-band and equity reviews, etc.)
4. Ensures the completeness and accuracy of employee transactions and evaluation forms
5. Advises and supports HR Business Partners on compensation programs and concerns such as pay adjustments, supplement pay, and other job evaluations
6. Participates in salary surveys, completes survey questionnaires, and researches additional sources of quality market data
7. Assists in revising compensation policies and procedures by reviewing and recommending changes to improve the efficiency and quality of their administration
8. Assists and educates management in the interpretation of policies and procedures
9. Assist with designing, generating and analyzing reports to improve compensation administration
10. Assists in the review, update, and maintenance of job descriptions, salary structure data and compensation processes
11. Compiles data to determine or project appropriate courses of action relative to compensation administration
12. Partners on various special projects related to effective salary administration
13. Conducts supervisory training and orientation sessions on compensation related topics
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
Three years (3) of Human Resources experience with at least one (1) year in compensation or HR Analytical role
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
PHR, SPHR, SHRM CP or SHRM SCP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate conclusions, and present conclusions regarding business issues
Maintains professional development by participating in educational programs and professional organizations and by networking with other compensation and human resources professionals
Able to handle sensitive and confidential information
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local employment laws related to compensation management
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
- Standard Enhanced + Education