Texas A&M International University
Career Development and Services
Texas A&M International University
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Career Advisor, under general supervision, provides professional career guidance and services to students and alumni. Fosters relationships in the community for the development of employment and internship opportunities and assists with employer relations activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining, identifying, and developing contacts with internal and external organizations for the purpose of expanding and enhancing the Co-op and Internship programs.
- Provides employers with resumes and other documents for qualified students seeking full-time, internship, co-op, part-time, and research positions.
- Provides career coaching and advisement to students and alumni regarding career development, career planning, and other facets of career education.
- Coordinates the supervision, management, implementation, and evaluation of University outreach programs.
- Coordinates programs and activities that assist students and alumni with job placement and admission into graduate and professional schools. Assists with sponsored events and activities, such as career fairs, award programs, etc.
- Administers and interprets career interest inventories and career assessments that assist students and alumni in the career decision making process.
- Coordinates and conducts program assessments and surveys, and reports results for recommendation of enhancement and improvement of programs. Records/maintains statistics and pertinent data and compiles in the form of reports.
- Conducts workshops, seminars, and other presentations to students, faculty, employers, and alumni groups on career and professional development topics.
- Education - Bachelor's degree.
- Experience - Three years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Master's degree.
- Experience working in a traditional higher education setting.
- Word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Career coaching and advisement.
- Career assessment software and career and student development theories.
- Job market trends.
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
Physical Requirements - None.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face interactions.
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance on campus and in the workplace.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested information, upload documents and Submit the application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once you "Submit" the application materials. The software does not allow you to "Save" your application and return to complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact information, and
- Legible copies of unofficial transcripts, if a degree is required/preferred.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TAMIU/Career-Advisor_R-054489