Administrative Support Assistant I
Posting Number: req11781
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 E Helen Street, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThe Finance Department is hiring an Administrative Support Assistant I to provide administrative support to the department's faculty, staff, students, and guests.
This position is essential to the department and requires a high degree of customer service, professionalism, and ability to multi-task. The Department of Finance is a highly cohesive unit, and a successful candidate will excel as a member of a team environment while being able to work independently. This position reports to the Business Manager.
Finance is one of the most popular majors at the University of Arizona. In addition to a rigorous and integrated core curriculum taught by leading scholars, students in the finance major have the opportunity to engage in a number of additional opportunities, including the Financial Management Association (the UA chapter of the national organization), the investments club, and the Wall Street Scholars program. The department offers an undergraduate degree in Finance (both online and in-person), a Master's in Finance program, and teaches several required and elective courses in the Eller MBA and a highly competitive PhD program.
As we work toward our mission to discover and share new knowledge that shapes the future of business and to educate the next generation of responsible, global leaders who embody the changing business world and possess the knowledge and drive to impact it, we recognize the value of diversity and inclusion. We invite all qualified individuals to apply to join us in achieving our mission.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the department's front office, provide customer service to students and department guests, and general administrative assistance.
- Ensure timely opening and closing of the department 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday and maintaining coverage of the department's reception desk.
- Reconcile and process financial documents including employee reimbursements, Pcard transactions, and assist with employee travel authorizations.
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks including managing the main office phone line, department television, photocopying, scanning, mail distribution, coordinate shipments, and document delivery to other units across campus upon request, creating announcements and flyers, and maintain kitchenette area.
- Monitor copier room and responsible for reporting any maintenance concerns on office equipment.
- Initiate Facilities and IT requests.
- Maintain department conference rooms scheduling, calendars and usage along with ensuring rooms are presentable and equipped.
- Responsible for department asset (capital and non-capital) tracking and assisting with surplus requests.
- Assist with department events including graduation breakfast.
- Provide support to the Business Manager, Director or Graduate Programs and Academic Affairs, Department Head, and Program Coordinator.
- Manage Finance Seminar Series & Department Brown Bag Presentations including reserving rooms, assist speakers with travel, handle lodging, parking reservations, and catering.
- Submit textbook adoption requests and ensure timely ordering.
- Maintain department syllabi archive and review syllabi for required content.
- Assist with teacher course evaluation forms and student course surveys.
school diploma or equivalent or equivalent learning attained through
- Experience working in a university setting, preferably in an academic unit.
- Experience working independently in a team-based environment.
- Experience with management and organization.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience providing customer service skills.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85 - $16.50 DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Aniela Goodness, Business Manager
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.