Visiting Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
For complete job description and submission requirements, go to: Faculty: Visiting Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
POSITION’S SUMMARY: This position is responsible for preparing and teaching a wide variety of Criminal Justice courses. The candidate will also engage in service and on-going professional development.
POSITION WORKS WITH: The department is led by a Department Chair and currently consists of two full-time faculty. This position also fully interacts with the KWU student body in terms of teaching and advising. In addition, this position will interact with other faculty and staff regarding recruiting, curriculum design, committee appointments, and other similar requirements of the department and university.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- MINIMUM REQUIRED: Masters' Degree in the field or closely related field with 18 graduate credits completed in Criminal Justice.
- PREFERRED: PhD in field.
- MINIMUM REQUIRED: Past full-time Law Enforcement certification from an accredited training academy.
- PREFERRED: Current CPR and First Aid Instructor.
- MINIMUM REQUIRED: Experience teaching at the college or university level or demonstrated ability to be successful at this level and five years of certified sworn law enforcement with powers of arrest experience.
- PREFERRED: Three or more years of teaching experience at the college or university level.
- Specialized police unit experience such as Drug Task Force (DTF), Traffic Unit/Motorcycle unit, Investigations (Detectives), Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT-SRT, SORT), Field Training Office (FTO), or Accident Reconstruction experience preferred.
- Have held a law enforcement Commission in the last ten years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and ATTITUDES – KSAA’S:
- MINIMUM REQUIRED
- Demonstrated both the theoretically and practical concepts in the field.
- Demonstrated some knowledge of higher education regulations, compliance, and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning management system (Canvas).
- Be able to function and use a learning management system for grades, assignments, communication, etc.
- Have the capacity to learn things quickly.
- Philosophical alignment with the mission and vision of KWU.
- Team player