Mental Health and Wellness Therapist
Rocky Vista University
Counseling and Psychological Services
Rocky Vista UniversityRocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Category: Student Affairs Staff
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has two openings for a
Mental Health and Wellness Therapist (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.
$52,100-$65,100 + per year, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
ABOUT ROCKY VISTA UNIVERSITY
Rocky Vista University is a rapidly growing accredited medical education institution with three campuses (Parker, CO, Ivins, UT, and Billings, MT). RVU has three graduate programs, the Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine, a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, and a Master of Science in Biological Sciences, with a total enrollment of 1,400. Located in the southwestern corner of the state, Ivins is a small town just 120 miles from Las Vegas, NV. Recreation-lovers can enjoy abundant natural beauty in close proximity, including Snow Canyon State Park and Zion National Park.
Provide brief counseling/therapy to RVU students to address mental health, developmental, relational, DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) and other concerns in CO & UT. Assist in planning and facilitating mental health and wellness outreach to all students including members from diverse communities such as LGBTIQ, Black/African American, Latinx, Asian American, Native American, Military, Religious, and other social identities found among the student body.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate brief, personal counseling/therapy to help students identify, understand, and make changes to personal or intergroup issues affecting their quality of life, education, and/or work performance.
- Provides case management for students referred to outside providers through support, tracking, and follow-up in promoting student resiliency.
- Maintain confidential records and complete all case notes in a timely manner in accordance with Federal and State regulations as well as ethical standards.
- Coordinate care with student health services and off-campus mental health services, including helping students navigate community resources and connect with financially accessible services.
- Work successfully and sensitively with a diverse stakeholders, including students, families, faculty, and staff.
- Provide risk assessment and crisis intervention.
- Develop and implement mental health and substance use prevention and awareness outreach programs and initiatives such as QPR training.
- Along with other student affairs staff, promote wellness through various campaigns, promotions, and events.
- Consult with faculty and staff on student concerns.
- Build rapport and inspire confidence to attract students who may be in need of counseling/therapy services.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
- Assist administration, faculty and staff in special projects as required.
- Participate in continuing education relative to the needs of the student population and network effectively with regional and national organizations
- Participate on University committees and regularly scheduled meetings as requested.
- Strong therapeutic skills required, including risk assessment skills, ability to set appropriate therapeutic goals and boundaries, make appropriate referrals, and maintain documentation of services in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated track record of working with diverse communities and valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in crisis intervention, outreach, and brief treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of substance use concerns and ability to assess risk related to serious mental illness is necessary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Master's Degree (MSW, MA, MS, Med) in Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social work or other related field.
- Required CMHC, LCSW, or MFT licensure in UT with the ability to obtain licensure as a mental health provider in CO within six months of hire OR AMHC licensure in UT with ability to obtain CMHC licensure within 2.5 years (virtual supervision will be provided at no cost).
- Current active licensure in UT
- Prior experience in a university counseling center or outpatient mental health setting.
- Experience in case-managing clients with substance use, severe mental illness, and/or significant risk factors.
- Demonstrated multicultural and diversity competency in working with students.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may apply.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.