Senior Research Administrator
Posting Number: req11763
Department: Sponsored Projects Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsSponsored Projects Services (SPS) at the University of Arizona is searching for a Senior Research Administrator (Grant and Contract Admin IV) who can provide Proposal Support for investigators within or affiliated with the various areas of the College of Science. As a centralized team of research administration professionals, our team will be a hub for interactions with sponsors and central campus administrative units including the Office of Research Contracts, FSO, the UA Foundation, and various other compliance units around campus.
As a member of the SPS Proposal Support team, the Research Administrator will work independently and within a team to directly support research faculty in developing and submitting proposals with a high degree of efficiency, expertise, and with incomparable customer service to units and investigators. Sponsoring agencies will include private, federal, nonprofit, and international.
The SPS Proposal Support team is committed to identifying and adhering to best practices in grants and contracts administration while upholding high standards of integrity and fiduciary responsibility while also working closely with the SPS Pre-Award team.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities:
- Works directly with faculty members, research staff, program coordinators, college administrators, and other units on campus in the preparation of proposals.
- Develops and submits large, complex proposals such as program projects, interdisciplinary research centers, multidisciplinary university research initiatives, etc.
- Creates and presents training materials for research faculty and staff for preaward activities.
- Assists faculty and departmental staff with preaward questions and issues of a more complex nature and assists in the delivery of high-level support to faculty and departmental staff in regards to preaward and activities.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Maintains a solution-oriented attitude while providing elevated customer service.
- Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prioritizes work and successfully manages multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Works well under pressure without sacrificing teamwork, accuracy, or customer service.
- Knowledge of university and sponsor policies and procedures or demonstrated ability to learn and integrate policy and procedure as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe applications and capabilities.
- Accommodates and responds to shifting priorities and multiple, demanding projects.
- Remains teachable and open to evolve in their learning.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Master's Degree.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Grant & Contract Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.