Souvenirs Buyer (Retail Buyer I)
Posting Number: req11725
Department: The UofA BookStores
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1209 E University Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona Bookstores is looking for a Souvenirs Buyer (Retail Buyer I). The purpose of the Souvenirs Buyer position is to manage the buying process for a specific category of product. This role is responsible for staying abreast of current trends and new merchandise, relevant to the assigned product category, and to procure appropriate amounts of inventory to meet sales demands. This role also relies heavily on analysis of current and historical sales data to forecast future buying needs as well as evaluating current inventory positions. Incidental to this role there is an expectation to participate in the customer service function and operational duties on a limited basis.
If you are a self-directed individual with a positive attitude, good teamwork skills and easily adaptable to a fast-paced business environment, we welcome your application! The University of Arizona BookStores is committed to creating and delivering an environment that promotes and advances teaching, learning and research. Working collaboratively across organizational boundaries we design, implement, and support a wide variety of solutions that improve and streamline operations that meets the needs of our organization.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Order appropriate and sufficient merchandise to support current sales, and grow future sales
- Research and solicit product knowledge and trends in order increase market share
- Utilize Open to Buy (OTB) tool to ensure inventory levels support budgeted sales
- Create, maintain and track purchase orders (PO's), within approved parameters
- Work with Satellite stores and event coordinators to order product for multiple locations/events
- Analyze sales to determine product and buying needs going forward
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that PO's are processed correctly, so that any changes are addressed in a timely manner and delivery expectations are managed
- Communicate directly with and assist marketing departments to promote sales and events through various advertising media
- Prepare yearly budgets for sales goals by assigned category
- Assist in merchandising and replenishment of floor space as needed
- Assist with sales floor coverage as needed
- Customer service, specifically in regards to addressing special order requests, product related complaints, etc.
- Limited supervisory role to train and manage student buyer assistants
- Approve and analyze markdown process, and write off of inventory items
- Assist inventory control with the completion of counts and planning
- Assist receiving and billing departments in regards to vendor issues
- Provide limited regular key-holder coverage and backup for store events
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning
attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.30 - $23.97
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
HR Services Representative
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.