Chief Information Officer (Info Technology Manager I)
Role Code: 39115-SW
Pay Band: 06
Position Number: 29800110
Agency: Laurel Ridge Community College
DivisionLaurel Ridge Community College (Div)
Work LocationFrederick - 069
Hiring Range: $90,000-110,000 based upon education and experience
Emergency/Essential Personnel: No
EEO Category: A-Officials/Administrators
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Does this position have telework options? -Telework options are subject to change based on business needs-Yes
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm or some variation of the 40 hour work week as conditions warrant.
Sensitive Position: Yes
- Directs, through subordinate supervisors, all program, operations, and staff in assigned areas.
- Performs managerial and technical work ranging from moderate to considerable difficulty.
- Responsibilities include planning, implementing, and/or improving systems and services.
- Knows and applies concepts, practices, and procedures of supervision and leadership.
- Contacts include interactions with customers to identify, plan, and perform actions to meet customer needs.
- Contacts also include interactions with subordinates to provide leadership and guidance in managing the area.
To ensure that technology-based infrastructure, services and support serve the strategic goals of the college by providing high-quality systems in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Additionally, provide structure and organizational connection across multiple campuses to facilitate consistent access to services and opportunities across the Laurel Ridge community.
Compensation and Benefits
The hiring range for this position is $90,000.00-$110,000.00. Salary will commensurate with education and experience. The position is classified staff and as such is eligible for the benefits package offered by the Commonwealth of Virginia for state agencies. For more information, please visit www.dhrm.virginia.gov.
According to DHRM policy 1.61 Teleworking, effective July 5, 2022, Virginia state employees will return to the workplace. Consistent with pre-pandemic policies, telework may be an option for certain eligible positions. Eligible positions are determined by the type of work and job requirements of the position, as defined by heads of agencies. Positions requiring more than two days of telework weekly will require approval from the Department of Education's Cabinet Secretary. Positions requiring more than two days of telework weekly require approval from the Office of the Governor's Chief of Staff.
About Laurel Ridge Community College
Watch: Grow with us as we become Laurel Ridge Community College
Laurel Ridge Community College is a comprehensive, nonresidential, two-year public institution of higher education with four locations - the Fauquier and Middletown campuses, the Luray-Page County Center and the Vint Hill Site - as well as outreach sites throughout the college's service region. The service region includes the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, and Warren, and the city of Winchester.
Laurel Ridge's Middletown Campus and the Luray-Page County Center are nestled within the Shenandoah Valley with easy access to a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities, historical sites, and a welcoming network of towns and cities where families grow, and diverse businesses thrive. Laurel Ridge's Fauquier Campus and the Vint Hill Site are located within the Upper Piedmont region of Virginia. Situated in Fauquier County, and located just 40 miles west of Washington, D.C., this area offers the opportunity for living in a beautiful rural landscape with easy access to our nation's capital.
Laurel Ridge offers nearly 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, as well as workforce training programs for employees and employers. Laurel Ridge offers a variety of day, evening, weekend, and online classes. As one of the fastest growing community colleges in the Virginia Community College System (VCCS), Laurel Ridge serves more than 8,400 unduplicated students through our credit courses, and over 1,300 employers through Workforce Solutions' business and professional development programs. In terms of student enrollment, Laurel Ridge is the seventh largest of the 23 colleges in the Virginia Community College System. Laurel Ridge is a consistently high performer in the performance-based funding metrics established by the Virginia Community College System.
Alternative Hiring Process (AHP)
In support of the Commonwealth's commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide/upload their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS).
Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability.
If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx , or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
Laurel Ridge Community College Strategic Initiatives
Our Inspiring Culture.
Enriching Lives and Community Vitality.
We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience. These concepts are deeply embedded within our institution and governance systems and guided by strategic plans established through the Virginia Community College System and the college.
Opportunity 2027, approved by the State Board for Community Colleges, calls for Virginia Community Colleges to achieve equity in access, learning outcomes, and success for students from every race, ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic group.
As we fully transition into our new identity as "Laurel Ridge Community College," we also embark on work guided by our own six-year strategic plan. This plan, Engage 2027, was created following a year-long process involving many students, staff, faculty, and community members. The thoughtful contributions of these stakeholders helped create the foundation for our local college efforts over the next six years. Engage 2027 rests on a foundation of four core concepts: "Invite, Include, Innovate, and Impact," and calls for college stakeholders to recommit to building a more diverse and inclusive college that welcomes every student, ensures every student success, supports faculty and staff, and leaves a strong, enduring, imprint on our communities.
The college is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Laurel Ridge will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in order to provide access to the application, interviewing, and selection process. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Laurel Ridge Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities. While honoring bona fide occupational exceptions as needed, the college shall promote and maintain equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions including lactation, age, status as a veteran, national origin, or other non-merit factors. The college also promotes a safe working environment and prohibits sexual misconduct, including sexual violence and harassment.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Experience in delivering complex IT solutions at the enterprise level that integrate both technology and organizational requirements into a seamless performance platform
- Knowledge of network hardware/software installation, local and wide area networking, configuration and management, troubleshooting methodologies, research and analysis of technical issues.
- Experience with supporting instructional technology design in higher education and clear understanding of the theories and practice of adult learning from the classroom technological perspective.
- Experience in developing a multi-year information security program
- Experience with ISO 27000 or NIST Cyber Security Framework (NIST CSF)
- Experience directing and/or applying applicable laws and regulations governing the outcomes of the department such as Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Section 508 of the ADA, FERPA, etc.
- Experience communicating to staff and customers through methods that are responsive and that communicate/interact at all levels of the organization in a succinct and meaningful way.
- Experience with developed public speaking skills is essential.
- Experience communicating an organizational or departmental vision in a powerful and persuasive manner is necessary.
- Experience working with a multi-client base including students, faculty and staff with diverse needs and widely varying technical expertise.
- Experience in constructing and delivering departmental reporting and dissemination of information to those within the department, the organizational unit and externally.
- Experience in team building with demonstrated ability to build consensus, create "buy-in" and unit cohesiveness as well as faculty collaboration.
- Education degree at the graduate/master's level with an emphasis on Information Technology or related field.
- Experience with the implementation and management of a work order and ticketing management system.
- CompTia A+ Certification or industry equivalent.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution of Information Technology programming and online service delivery as it relates to technology.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Process/Improvement Focus: Strong written and verbal communication skills in contracting and vendor management.
- Experience in change management and adaptation to a changing technological environment. Experience with problem resolution, and innovative in generating solutions.
- Preference given for applicable industry certifications related to Project Management, Information Technology, and related fields.
Operation of a State Vehicle: Yes
Supervises Employees: Yes
Required TravelTravel as per any required duties of the position, such as to sites/campuses and any training. Ability to cover assignments throughout the college service region as necessary for the job is required.
Posting Number: CLS_1639P
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Close Date: 10/10/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Contact Name: Kristin Iden
Special Instructions to ApplicantsUpload Cover Letter (this is optional, but recommended) and resume (this is optional, but recommended) and Unofficial Transcripts (this is optional). Reference checks, background screenings, and eVerify are required for all Laurel Ridge positions. Satisfactory reference, background screenings are a condition of employment.
In support of the Commonwealth's commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx , or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.